Week 8 GDT: Titans vs. Bye AKA Texans v. Seahawks

titans0021

12 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Nostalgia is also taking over in thinking McNair came out when hurt and dominated games on a consistent basis. McNair often times played hurt and played like garbage because of it. We don't remember it as much because we had a defense then that could generally save our ***, as well as just hand it to Eddie 30 times.

Mariota has went 2-0 as an injured starting QB, and he played with an injury bad enough that if Cassel's arm wasn't dead, he's probably not playing in either game. He did it with one really good performance and one below average performance. That's practically exactly what McNair gave us. When injured sometimes he pulled miracles out of his *** and played great, other times you wished he just sat and let O'Donnell or Volek play(and sadly we don't have an O'Donnell or Volek at backup).

i'm still salty about the way we handled the backup situation. there are so, so many quarterbacks we would've won the miami game with and we stuck with cassel.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i'm still salty about the way we handled the backup situation. there are so, so many quarterbacks we would've won the miami game with and we stuck with cassel.

Cassel himself made enough passes to win the game. I feel like if the offensive line didn't completely implode for whatever reason he would have been fine(I use the word fine very loosely here, just meaning fine enough to win the game vs that abysmal offense), that being said, yes, a much better backup is needed and should have been brought in.

Also Weeden is still on the team. Not entirely sure why, but I'm still curious if the staff is considering sticking with him over Cassel for the rest of the season, just cause of how dead Cassel's arm is.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Cassel himself made enough passes to win the game. I feel like if the offensive line didn't completely implode for whatever reason he would have been fine(I use the word fine very loosely here, just meaning fine enough to win the game vs that abysmal offense), that being said, yes, a much better backup is needed and should have been brought in.

Also Weeden is still on the team. Not entirely sure why, but I'm still curious if the staff is considering sticking with him over Cassel for the rest of the season, just cause of how dead Cassel's arm is.

Maybe want to make sure Mariota can stay healthy down the way. But I think if he did get injured again, I feel they'd turn to Weeden over Cassel.

Archived