The Last Duel (10-15-21) •Written by Matt Damon & Ben Affleck •directed by Ridley Scott

thrILL!

Directed by Ridley Scott

Written by Matt Damon & Ben Affleck (first screenplay written together since Good Will Hunting!!)

Starring Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Ben Affleck and Jodi Comer.  

Looks legit! 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Directed by Ridley Scott.

Reaction Disappointed GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah he can be hit or miss as a director but when he’s on, it’s usually a great film. This genre is his best wheelhouse imo (Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, etc). 

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah he can be hit or miss as a director but when he’s on, it’s usually a great film. This genre is his best wheelhouse imo (Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, etc). 

I mean sure but  Gladiator was 20+ years ago, Kingdom of Heaven is nearly 16 years old. 

Better chance Ridley farts out something closer to 2010's Robin "Yes he really tried to shoot a Medieval D-Day" Hood. 

Edited by animaltested

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

I mean sure but  Gladiator was 20+ years ago, Kingdom of Heaven is nearly 16 years old. 

Better chance Ridley farts out something closer to 2010's Robin "Yes he really tried a shoot a Medieval D-Day" Hood. 

Maybe who knows but it helps having Damon & Affleck both writing and starring in this (plus Adam Driver).  What did you think of the trailer tho?  

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Maybe who knows but it helps having Damon & Affleck both writing and starring in this (plus Adam Driver).  What did you think of the trailer tho?  

I obviously enjoyed it. Im still going to watch it. 

But my hype was immediately deflated once I saw Ridley's name attached. 

43 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Better chance Ridley farts out something closer to 2010's Robin "Yes he really tried to shoot a Medieval D-Day" Hood. 

In general he's still had some recent hits. I thought The Martian and All the Money in the World were good. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

What true story is this based on?

In December 1386, one of the last trials by combat authorised by the French King Charles VI was fought in Paris. The trial was fought to decide a case brought by Sir Jean de Carrouges against squire Jacques Le Gris, whom he accused of raping his wife Marguerite when Carrouges was in Paris conducting business.

Trial by combat - Wikipedia

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, thrILL! said:

Written by Matt Damon & Ben Affleck (first screenplay written together since Good Will Hunting!!)

And Matt Damon decided to go with the dorkiest hairstyle for both 

53 minutes ago, Ty21 said:
On 7/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, thrILL! said:

And Matt Damon decided to go with the dorkiest hairstyle for both 

personally waiting for the hilarious gritty take on the Asgaurdian actor tasked with playing the late Loki in front of his father. I want to see the gruelling anxiety. The need for perfection. The spirals, the drugs, the pressure from all his peers. I want to see the dread and aftermath of finding out that Odin was actually Loki himself and how differently he would have played the character had he known. I want to see Matt Damon in the role of a life time. Basically Black Swan meets Whiplash meets MCU. 

33 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

personally waiting for the hilarious gritty take on the Asgaurdian actor tasked with playing the late Loki in front of his father. I want to see the gruelling anxiety. The need for perfection. The spirals, the drugs, the pressure from all his peers. I want to see the dread and aftermath of finding out that Odin was actually Loki himself and how differently he would have played the character had he known. I want to see Matt Damon in the role of a life time. Basically Black Swan meets Whiplash meets MCU. 

That sounds tantalizing but Matt Damon’s best role was himself in Entourage