PFF's OL Grades

onejayhawk

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I thought Wynn was supposed to have been good last year? As I just noted in my above post I didn't get to watch as much football as normal last year but I remember often reading good things about him on twitter and the like.

Unless y'all are mixing him and Isaiah Wilson up.

Which also wouldn't make any sense though cause I don't think he was all that highly regarded at any point considering most considered him a reach and a raw prospect.

Was talking about Wilson.

But strongly disagree that he was never highly regarded. He was seen as a reach in the first but was pretty unanimously talked about as an early 2nd rounder. So pretty much exactly regarded as Radunz is, and that’s my entire point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Was talking about Wilson.

But strongly disagree that he was never highly regarded. He was seen as a reach in the first but was pretty unanimously talked about as an early 2nd rounder. So pretty much exactly regarded as Radunz is, and that’s my entire point.

I could be totally misremembering then, just don't recall much if any high praise for him, at least not as an immediate starter, especially with Kelly on the roster(who of course did end up being the starting RT after Wilson imploded and killed any competition there could have been).

I have no idea what to expect from Radunz. I think some draft people in the media like him a lot, but that often means all of nothing. I just hope we didn't potentially screw up and draft a dud in him, cutting an uninspiring yet reliably average Kelly.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I did it by attempts...? How else would you measure the ratio of passes to rushes? 

The way you worded it seemed to imply the rushing success was tied to bulk attempts just like the sack numbers. My apologies for misinterpreting it if that's not the case.

I'm shocked our total sacks are that low, even with the low attempts though. I guess that's in large part thanks to how much play action we ran, cause man if it didn't feel like Tannehill was in pressure pretty often on pure drop backs after Lewan went down.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The way you worded it seemed to imply the rushing success was tied to bulk attempts just like the sack numbers. My apologies for misinterpreting it if that's not the case.

That is the case. Even with Henrys incredible year, the reason he got to 2000 yards is because he was not only efficient (5.4 ypc) but also had a crapton of carries. I mean, dude had basically the same amount of carries as the #14 (chubb) and #15 (kamara) RBs combined. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe the "Give Rodgers more" crowd has some ammo 😁

Probably, but it’s the overall philosophy. They had to spend a 2nd on Dillon for when Aaron Jones gets paid in FA. But then they were the ones who paid him and essentially showed linsly the door. It’s just stupid, but this is way, way off topic so I’ll shut up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What the hell have Pittsburgh done with their line!? There's got to be a twist coming, surely?

Cant do much when you lose 4 starters in one offseason.

We have a few players that have shown nice ability, albeit not as full time starters.  

Either way, its shaping up to be a disaster...should be funny.

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Cant do much when you lose 4 starters in one offseason.

We have a few players that have shown nice ability, albeit not as full time starters.  

Either way, its shaping up to be a disaster...should be funny.

Dotson is good in pass pro at least. 1 pressure given up (not sure how many games he had)

13 hours ago, Starless said:

Patriots are around where they should be. Ordinarily losing a player like Thuney would cause a line to take a significant hit, but Onwenu might be even better.

It's amazing how the Saints, Patriots, and Packers have turned out outstanding lines for decades at a time without top 50 picks. Thuney was 3rd round and Onwenu was 6th. 

I'm a bit surprised there was not more objection to the Chiefs being top 10 since it's likely none of the starters was starting last year. I guess it's hard to argue with talent.

J