Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

9 hours ago, Miblue said:

If I were the big ten, id add ISU in the west and FSU in the east. FSU isn’t an AAU member (neither was Nebraska when they joined) but they expand the conference footprint into Florida and would help recruiting……..ISU just makes too much sense all the way around and Campbell will have them playing for big ten west titles right off the bat…

They're not poaching Florida State.

8 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

So would Texas join the West and Oklahoma join the east or vice versa, and if they buyout their contract with media rights, would they be able to play in the SEC in 2022 or still would have to wait later.

If they don't go pods, I'd bet they both end up in the West and Alabama and Auburn move to the East.

Just kinda speaking out loud here.  Assuming Texas and Oklahoma end up going to the SEC, which I'm not sure is a foregone conclusion.  What happens to the rest of the Big 12?

You would have to assume that Kansas and Kansas State would prefer to stay together if at all possible, but I think if it meant leaving each other or going to a non-Power 5 school, I think Kansas would relinquish on this one.  I would have to assume that Iowa State would be the the other program that would intrigue the Big 10.  There's an outside chance that Cincinnati could intrigue the Big 10, but I'd put Kansas and Iowa State has the overwhelming favorite.

I'd anticipate that Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech to have some loose agreement to stick together.  I think the 3 of them would almost certainly pitch the idea of moving into the Pac-12 together.  I also wouldn't be surprised if TCU and Baylor had an agreement together.  Those original 3 could pitch alongside Houston to go to the Pac-12 to match the 16 teams the SEC and Big 10 would have.  That would leave Kansas State, TCU, and West Virginia out in the cold.

West Virginia would finally get into the ACC hopefully with Notre Dame.  I think their fallback would be poaching UCF.  At that point, you'd have TCU and Kansas State left and would probably merge into the AAC.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 1:42 AM, catcheryea said:

only one team would need to move to the east but they almost certainly have to switch to pods logistically  

I think you’d move Missouri to the west, at that point.  Bama and Auburn both East.  OU, Texas, Missouri west. 

10 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I think you’d move Missouri to the west, at that point.  Bama and Auburn both East.  OU, Texas, Missouri west. 

honestly no matter what, keeping divisions over pods presents huge issues with permanent cross division rivalries even if they switch to a 9 game schedule

On 7/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, Ray Reed said:

As a Maryland fan/alum i hope WVU goes to B1G so that can become a big rivalry again. They’ll prolly go ACC though

AAC is really going to benefit here, they will continue to be head and shoulders above the other G5 conferences.  Could even replace BigXII as a P5 school if they can attract some other schools, but that is wishful thinking.  

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

AAC is really going to benefit here, they will continue to be head and shoulders above the other G5 conferences.  Could even replace BigXII as a P5 school if they can attract some other schools, but that is wishful thinking.  

Agreed.  If they play their cards right, they could end up absorbing what's left of the Big 12 after the Pac-12 and Big 10 poach what they want.