Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

22 hours ago, catcheryea said:

the big 10 hasn't had a basketball national champion in 20 years

since then the sec has had 4 different teams win 12 bcs/cfp championships

Hell, they have 3 basketball National Titles in that timeframe.  I'm in my 30's, and the only B1G team I've seen win a title, in basketball, is Michigan St, in 2000.  Thinking their basketball is comparable to the SEC's football is wildly delusional.  They've been the bridesmaid conference.

Edited by OkeyDoke21

I was bored and made a graphic for the B1G PAC Conference.

cXYvVMv.jpg

Play your
                                                      Division (5 games)
                 Half of the other div in your "conference" (3 games)
                Two teams from the other two divisions in the oppos. conference (4 games)
= 12 games
That guarantees you two play the entire conference at least once every 3 year cycle. 

Would be a coast to coast market, that would New York City, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia/PA, The Bay area. Which is 5 of the top 6. 
4cGxEQP.png

I think they'd try to get Notre Dame on Board (like the always do), if they did they'd take Wisconsin's spot in the central and Wisconsin would keep Utah or Colorado out as they go to the Mountain.

Same sort of shift would occur if someone like Virginia would want to leave the ACC. Way better market than Utah...reigning BBall champs to add to the nice bball conference this would make.

AqPmqzn.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I was bored and made a graphic for the B1G PAC Conference.

cXYvVMv.jpg

Play your
                                                      Division (5 games)
                 Half of the other div in your "conference" (3 games)
                Two teams from the other two divisions in the oppos. conference (4 games)
= 12 games
That guarantees you two play the entire conference at least once every 3 year cycle. 

Would be a coast to coast market, that would New York City, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia/PA, The Bay area. Which is 5 of the top 6. 
4cGxEQP.png

I think they'd try to get Notre Dame on Board (like the always do), if they did they'd take Wisconsin's spot in the central and Wisconsin would keep Utah or Colorado out as they go to the Mountain.

Same sort of shift would occur if someone like Virginia would want to leave the ACC. Way better market than Utah...reigning BBall champs to add to the nice bball conference this would make.

AqPmqzn.jpg

Utah, ASU and WSU?

38 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Utah, ASU and WSU?

Utah is in the main one, unless they got a bigger name (Notre Dame) or a bigger market (Virginia) to join. 

Arizona State and Washington State aren’t AAU schools and this is more of a merger into the Big Ten. Who’s presidents are fairly focused on academics and the partnerships outside football. I’m sure if it was both conferences doing an equal merger, they could get in. 

They could do 7,6,7,6 for divisions for a bit and leave room to add two more schools should they get the opportunity to steal an ACC school or two and get into the south.

But for this I’m saying they cut bait and get the opportunity for more money, the outside of football culture and for football get in front of way more markets. 

The remaining PAC 12 teams get can either join the Big 12 to bouy them back up, or raise the profile of the Mountain West along with the remains of the Big 12. I can make a graphic later for it because I’m genuinely curious what one or two conferences could look like from all those.

4 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

The one thing that graphic has is all AAU institutions Exept for Nebraska who can get booted for Utah according to every other member, I am sure….

ASU and WSU are not AAU members.

Utah and Arizona looks better than Utah and Nebraska IMO

Yep was the main thing going into it. I think I read one of the reasons Nebraska lost the AAU status was their hospital was too far from campus or something, like something like that. Along with generally starting from a way lower position. 

I do think they’d be fine booting them, especially in ten years when the ACC is ready to be approached. Like I’m sure they’d welcome Virginia, Georgia Tech, Duke and/or UNC and drop Nebraska within the same breath.

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Big 10 is the basketball version of the Big 10

Now that OU and Texas are gone, I’m going to miss play my favorite ticker game in early November:

B1G basketball 

or

Big XII Football 

• Like 1