Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

4 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

AAC about to be the Power One. Move over SEC with 16 teams. We got 19.

AAC stands the most to gain from the Big 12 dissolving.  SEC has (successfully) poached Oklahoma and Texas.  Big 10 will probably take their pick of the leftovers from the Big 12, presumably Kansas and Iowa State.  Have to figure that the remaining teams will try and get the Pac-12 to take them, but if they drag their feet then the AAC could swoop in and pick up the remaining pieces.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

AAC stands the most to gain from the Big 12 dissolving.  SEC has (successfully) poached Oklahoma and Texas.  Big 10 will probably take their pick of the leftovers from the Big 12, presumably Kansas and Iowa State.  Have to figure that the remaining teams will try and get the Pac-12 to take them, but if they drag their feet then the AAC could swoop in and pick up the remaining pieces.

I agree. That why most UCF fans want them to stay put right now. The AAC may be in a better position than the Big XII, even if the Big XII were to remain a P5/AQ conference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So we're all rooting for the SEC expansion to be indefinitely postponed via court order for maximum chaos, right?

Oh hell yeah it would be funny as hell, just having the entirety of CFB sitting in their conferences mad as **** for another decade before they can do this again.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So we're all rooting for the SEC expansion to be indefinitely postponed via court order for maximum chaos, right?

While ESPN takes it on the chin and FS1/Fox makes it interesting. It will be the closest to WCW vs WWF in the 90s. We know how it ends, but please give me the journey.

Resistance to the 12 team playoff expansion has already begun in light of the ESPN-SEC collusion talk. 

TBH I’m all for the expansion and not sure the affects on a playoff but it might be worth hitting the pause button on change until some dust settles. We don’t even know what some of these automatic bid conferences are going to look like if they get raided. 

Tldr the SEC should just invite Clemson and OSU to play in an SEC tournament for the natty.

I wish the SEC would jettison all the dead weight and then invite all the blueblood programs plus a few schools that are current powerhouses like Clemson. Just make the ultimate conference and everybody else can have leftovers lol. 

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I wish the SEC would jettison all the dead weight and then invite all the blueblood programs plus a few schools that are current powerhouses like Clemson. Just make the ultimate conference and everybody else can have leftovers lol. 

I feel like we're moving to new alliances between the remaining four major conferences.  I'd imagine the Big 10 and Pac-12 will come to some sort of alliance in a few years, and the ACC will try and do the same with the SEC.