Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

17 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

so thats 1 school that will veto.

who will be the other 4?

You'd have to assume that both Missouri and A&M would both say no, but I can't envision the other programs saying no if it's just Oklahoma and Texas.  If Oklahoma insists on bringing Oklahoma State or Texas bringing Tech with them, it probably becomes more no's.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I wonder which conferences are going to pick up the scraps. I think a Texas school - not named Baylor, and Oklahoma St. would be good for the PAC-12

pac 12 is very strict on academics and religion (i believe) so aint no telling which texas school could go to the pac. 

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Knowing the Big12, instead of doing the honorable thing and fold, they gonna add like SMU-Tulane-Rice-Houston and try to act like nothing has changed.

i hope Houston declines.  The Big 12 already blew their chance adding us in 2016.  They can kick rocks. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You'd have to assume that both Missouri and A&M would both say no, but I can't envision the other programs saying no if it's just Oklahoma and Texas.  If Oklahoma insists on bringing Oklahoma State or Texas bringing Tech with them, it probably becomes more no's.

I dont think Missouri is ever standing in the way of anything the SEC wants to do. They will let A&M have that fight, but they got the one-up on Texas as making the SEC move first, I think they are just happy with the possibility of making more money. Dont let the idiot fans on the internet and their distain for Texas influence you here.

4 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

As an OU fan, I want to keep the red river rivalry first and foremost, but if that is secured, as a fan, count me in 100%.  

If they go to a full 16, it would likely be 4 school pods for Football (OU/Texas/Arkansas/Missouri) with some rotating of the other 2 pods for 9 conference games. Eventually leading to a 4 team bracket for the SEC Championship. They will keep squeezing more games, and therefore more money out of this

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Does OU realize they will actually have to pretend to play defense?

Are we still pretending that the SEC plays defense all that much more than any of the other conferences? Even Saban gave up on that awhile ago 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

pac 12 is very strict on academics and religion (i believe) so aint no telling which texas school could go to the pac. 

This is past ideals, its now time they are building the best super conferences. The Big Ten used to take this stance too. Its all about getting the the best 16 at this point I would say

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Are we still pretending that the SEC plays defense all that much more than any of the other conferences? Even Saban gave up on that awhile ago 

OU hasn’t played defense at all in 20 years though. Bit of a difference there.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

OU hasn’t played defense at all in 20 years though. Bit of a difference there.

Presented without further comment:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I wonder which conferences are going to pick up the scraps. I think a Texas school - not named Baylor, and Oklahoma St. would be good for the PAC-12

If Texas/OU move somewhere together (assuming SEC at this point) then the rest of the conferences would be right behind them to set up their own 16 team super conferences. And at the same time, claim the 4 byes in the new 12 team playoff format. They could hold that power if they put together that setup.

Im assuming, despite their best efforts, the Big12 will fold in this scenario. So we have the SEC at 16 after adding Texas/OU, so that leaves 2 spots for the ACC, 2 for the BigTen, and 4 for the PAC.

The biggest fish left in the pond at that point would be Notre Dame. They would almost have to join a conference at this point, and what a bidding war it would be between the BigTen and the ACC. But other than them would be the remainder of the Big12 (TCU/Baylor/OKst/TTech/Kansas/Kansas St/Iowa St/West Virginia) BYU as the other Independent and then maybe a few others that could make the leap (like Cincinnati and Boise St) but arent guaranteed a spot. But I would bet they are last resprt when they could just collect the scraps of the Big12.

This goes easiest if ND just sticks with the ACC. Then they add West Virgina to round out their 16. Then Oklahoma St is the next prize, while I think they should go out west, B10 wont like losing out on ND and will offer them a better deal than the PAC, add in ISU to make 16 there, and then you have the game of musical chairs to round out the PAC. It seems reasonable that they would just lock in BYU as the huge fan base out that way, but what to do with the other 3 spots?

Im assuming Kansas & Kansas St stick together as a package deal. And Ive heard TCU and Baylor probably do the same. But you cant take both (unless they expand to 18, which is a whole other can of worms) And the Texas Tech still stands alone, and might benefit greatly if neither of those couples will split up. Theres no good answer here, and it gets even more conviluted if Noter Dame actually goes to the Big Ten instead

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Presented without further comment:

No further comment? You used possibly the best college football team ever to try and make your point here. SEC hasnt played High Level defense in a while now

Edited by StLunatic88