How does NFL history change if Kelly's Bills won?

notthatbluestuff

The one that I see them winning is the Norwood one. If he makes the kick, or if some other plays happen differently (Reed doesn't drop pass on 3rd and 1 in second quarter, the missed tackles on Mark Ingram), they probably pull that one out. Then, in 91, I can see them getting back and losing to Washington in a much closer game.

In 1992, I think they miss the playoffs. They don't pull out the close ones at San Fran, Miami, and New Orleans, and they end up 8-8. The Dolphins would have had the 1-seed at 12-4, followed by the Steelers, SD, Houston, KC, and the 9-7 Colts.

After the Chargers and Oilers win in Round 1, the round 2 matchups look like this: Chargers@Steelers (Saturday at 1) and Oilers@Dolphins (Sunday at 4).

In the first one, I think the Chargers pull it out. The 92 Chargers were better than the 94 Chargers, and the 92 Steelers weren't as good as their 94 counterparts. Then, after the Dolphins beat the Oilers in a monsoon, we have SD@Miami in the AFC Title Game. I think SD wins. Miami passed the ball way too much against the Bills, and it cost them. I don't think they do differently against SD, which controls the clock with a power ground game (Butts and Bernstine).

It's too bad that this didn't happen. The 92 Chargers would have been more competitive in a SB than their 94 counterparts. They don't beat Dallas, but they don't get embarrased like the Bills (who didn't deserve to be there) did.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:03 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

Let's say those Bills teams won one of those Super Bowls - or even all four. How does that change history as far as the Hall, the Cowboys etc? How high does Kelly jump up the all-time rankings with a ring or two or three or four? 

Multiple SBs... and Brady v Kelly for the GOAT is the debate.

Levy, Reed, Kelly, Thomas, and Smith still go to the HOF. Someone else said Cornelius Bennett gets in. Maybe? I'm guessing this is all off the first Super Bowl, because the others were mostly blowouts. Norwood wouldn't be seen as a scapegoat by the population outside Buffalo, and probably gets to stay with the Bills longer instead of being replaced by Steve Christie. Parcells' legacy takes a hit, but I still think he makes the HOF with one ring. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

7 INT's but only 2 TD's when it mattered most. Yet you say best. Ok then. 

Other than Marino, who I messed up, is there anyone better? Here's the list:

Daryle Lamonica 
Earl Morrall 
Joe Kapp 
Craig Morton
Billy Kilmer 
Fran Tarkenton
Vince Ferragamo 
Ron Jaworski 
Ken Anderson 
David Woodley 
Tony Eason