2021 Training camp news and notes

Sad People

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

imo Taunting should be a penalty but only like 5 yards.

There's a part of me that just thinks the easiest way to get it curtailed (i.e. coaches will be absolutely down the throats of guys that flagrantly do it) is to not even punish via yardage at all - penalize a down; if the resultant play brings a 1st down for the offending player's team, they get the yardage, but not the first down.  There are obviously some logistics that would have to be worked out in that where would the LTG be moved to, but it's not a wholly unfounded concept.  A guy taunts on the way into the end zone, the score is nullified (or at least it used to be, IIRC, they may assess on the PAT attempt now for all I can remember, but dude taunts going into the EZ, nullify the score, put the ball at the 1- or 5-yard line and hurt him in the pocketbook by dinging his LTBE's).

Relax-  it will be enforced tough the first 4 weeks than die down….

Well accept for a few crews, who will remain tough about it all year (as it’s mostly judgement) and we’ll have taunting being called some games,  and won’t in others.  Because that’s how we do things.