2021 Training camp news and notes

Sad People

Mac Jones, for anyone interested, has had classic ascension graph-like camp

Started off a bit worrying, defense totally getting to him physically and mentally, but now he's the standout QB (for what it's worth) and is leading first team 11 on 11, putting together scoring drives. Guess that's the most we can and should expect - learn and improve. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Mac Jones, for anyone interested, has had classic ascension graph-like camp

Started off a bit worrying, defense totally getting to him physically and mentally, but now he's the standout QB (for what it's worth) and is leading first team 11 on 11, putting together scoring drives. Guess that's the most we can and should expect - learn and improve. 

Not surprised at all, he was a steal at pick 15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Asante Samuel jr will be just as good and you could have had Fields. 

Dont remind me. Its been 3 months and I still cant believe they passed on Fields because they wernt sold on him and wanted to give Lock one more chance.

It is absolutly maddening when you look at the talent on that team from the pass rushers, corners, safetys, runningbacks, wide receivers, tight ends---and then you look at the QB and you just pencil in 7 wins and keep moving.

I have the worlds smallest drop of faith Lock can pull a Josh Allen type turnaround and flip a switch but man does that team need him to do it....badly. Its like a 5-10% chance and you better hit it or else Justin Fields is going to make you look dumb as hell for a looooong time.

If it doesnt happen, then they better throw whatever assets they need to at Watson and deal with the PR nightmare.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If he ends up being a franchise QB in NE then…yeah?

I mean, sure. But you can play the results game with any prospect.  I think the suggestion in his post was that he didn't consider him a "steal" in terms of his prospect evaluation and where he was drafted at the time of the draft (since none of the rookies have played yet in real games, there's nothing but the evals and draft slotting that can be used) 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, sure. But you can play the results game with any prospect.  I think the suggestion in his post was that he didn't consider him a "steal" in terms of his prospect evaluation and where he was drafted at the time of the draft (since none of the rookies have played yet in real games, there's nothing but the evals and draft slotting that can be used) 

That’s just an opinion though (both ways really).

I personally wasn’t huge on Mac, but if you have the thought that he has the upside of a franchise level/top 10-12 QB than I’d say exactly that. Anytime you land a QB outside of the top 5 or so that you view in that tier it’s definitely a steal.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

That’s just an opinion though.

I personally wasn’t huge on Mac, but if you have the thought that he has the upside of a franchise level/top 10-12 QB than I’d say exactly that. Anytime you land a QB outside of the top 5 or so that you view in that tier it’s definitely a steal.

So was the post that was already lauding the pick as a steal? 

One guy was clearly super high on him as a prospect, the other wasn't. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

So was the post that was already lauding the pick as a steal? 

One guy was clearly super high on him as a prospect, the other wasn't. 

Could really go about it either way I guess, same with any prospect. But I don’t think it’s crazy to list a team getting a QB outside of the top 10 that some think could be a long term fixture for a team as a steal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Wouldn’t this just be because they had the most season tickets available to sell?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a number of franchises that have a multi-year waiting list for become a season ticket holder.

Good for the Chargers, but it would have been embarrassing if they weren't at the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a number of franchises that have a multi-year waiting list for become a season ticket holder.

Good for the Chargers, but it would have been embarrassing if they weren't at the top.

Ah, I think I remember the time Washington's was 87 years long or something stupid lol.

• Like 1