2021 NFL Covid Rules

incognito_man

Very reassuring. Glad to see they're not messing around.

NFL Network's Judy Battista reported that with players beginning to report for camps, progress on vaccinations has increased. More than 78 percent of players league-wide have had at least one shot, and 14 clubs have at least 85 percent of players vaccinated. Pelissero reported that all 32 teams have at least a 50 percent vaccination rate among players.

"We're pleased with those numbers, but we're not satisfied. We want to see them continue to go up," NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told Battista on Thursday's NFL NOW. "Certainly those rates are well above what we're seeing in the rest of society and certainly above the same age group as most of our players are. So a great head-start, more work to be done."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

No one is saying if you don’t get you lose your job that’s to simplistic of a few on the other end of the argument. Proof of that… If Pat Mahomes says “nah” to the vaccine the Chiefs aren’t cutting him in any scenario. But all places of work have the right to weight the value you being against the liability you are to that business whether it be a busboy or CEO they can and should cut you if your liability out weights your value. 

If this was about health and safety maybe I'd buy what you're saying. But it's not. This is about business and scheduling. This is more aligned to an employer telling its women to go on birth control so they didn't miss work.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nobody is being forced, they have autonomy, they can literally opt out and face 0 consequences other than not getting paid for this year. And if they don't get it, and then a viral spread happens in the locker room which literally happened in almost every single locker room in the sport last year, they risk losing those games and a ton of money and missing the playoffs. They're being incentivized, that's the social contract, that's how society works. 

And also, flatly, the vaccine is not *for* healthy young people who aren't as likely to face adverse effects, its so those healthy young people who could contract and incubate it have a much lower rate of infectious spread and so, as I said above, people who cannot get the shot because they're immunocompromised or at risk, aren't also at risk of contracting it through their daily lives through unvaccinated individuals being incubators and spreaders, which we saw happen all last year and continue to see happen.

LOL. No consequences...besides losing your job and million. WOW. 

The NFL doesn't care about your grandma in a nursing home. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I can't quantify faith.

We can, however, quantify the risk factors with and without the vaccine.

It boggles my mind how belittled math and science is in the 21st century.

No one can quantify faith. That's why its called "faith" lol

Yes we can, but I don't think having faith/certain beliefs is synanomous with being anti-science or anti-math. 

There isn't one true way of thinking, or one correct way of thinking. It just is what it is.

I'm cool with whatever these players choose, that being to be vaccinated or not, as long as they personally are satisfied with their decision.

33 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

As someone who got the vaccine, I think its wrong to belittle people's personal beliefs, even if those beliefs are based on nothing more than faith.

My hope is that players, regardless if vaccinated or not, practice good hygiene so that they don't get sick and risk their football careers.

When there’s a significant portion of the population who are putting the lives of others in danger , it should not be considered acceptable . People have terrible personal beliefs, ( racism for example )  they cannot be accepted . 

Not the best way to change minds, but this behavior is not okay, 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

As someone who got the vaccine, I think its wrong to belittle people's personal beliefs, even if those beliefs are based on nothing more than faith.

My hope is that players, regardless if vaccinated or not, practice good hygiene so that they don't get sick and risk their football careers.

When there’s a significant portion of the population who are putting the lives of others in danger , it should not be considered acceptable . People have terrible personal beliefs, ( racism for example )  they cannot be accepted . 

22 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

No one is saying if you don’t get you lose your job that’s to simplistic of a few on the other end of the argument. Proof of that… If Pat Mahomes says “nah” to the vaccine the Chiefs aren’t cutting him in any scenario. But all places of work have the right to weight the value you being against the liability you are to that business whether it be a busboy or CEO they can and should cut you if your liability out weights your value. 

Just so we're all clear on the most important thing here: Patrick Mahomes is fully vaccinated.

Source

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Personal autonomy will always be acceptable, no matter the circumstances. Its not my right to tell or force others what to do with their body, even if I vehemently disagree with what they are doing.

We're getting off topic though and I'll leave it at that. 

I'm truly curious if the NFL draws a hard line in the sand or bends at the last second if things get out of control. Like, all of a sudden, these rules wouldn't apply anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If this was about health and safety maybe I'd buy what you're saying. But it's not. This is about business and scheduling. This is more aligned to an employer telling its women to go on birth control so they didn't miss work.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

Not a peep from 'leaders' about how unhealthy Americans are and they need to do 'whatever it takes' to get healthy. Nope a year and a half and trying not to offend. Herd Immunity will happen once it spreads and not a second sooner. It still spreads 'breakthrough' Hello Mr Rich Eisen so it's going to 'do it's thing' no matter what and not overloading the hospitals costing money is why it's being pushed so hard. Hey...Must be the Money...

43 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Myocarditis is easily treated unless it causes a life threatening arrhythmia. Myocarditis is uncommon after both the vaccine and COVID. When you say you either have to get vaccinated or lose your job and millions of dollars...you ARE forcing vaccination.

I'm well aware. How many people have been hospitalized with myocarditis-related arrhythmias from a COVID vaccine?

And to your second point, you're still not forcing it.

No one is forced to do anything. You have freedom of choice. But actions have consequences. The NFL is a private employer and they can do what they want. I see no downside for the NFL to penalize teams and players who don't get vaccinated. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

When an employee says for someone to put something into their body that is very unlikely to help them...or they lose millions and potentially their job...that's unethical. The vaccine is NOT a benign intervention. I'm 100% in support of people getting vaccinated, it is very likely more likely to help than harm for most people...but this is a huge patient autonomy concern. 

Employers mandate immunizations all the time. This is no different. It's not unethical at all.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm well aware. How many people have been hospitalized with myocarditis-related arrhythmias from a COVID vaccine?

And to your second point, you're still not forcing it.

No one is forced to do anything. You have freedom of choice. But actions have consequences. The NFL is a private employer and they can do what they want. I see no downside for the NFL to penalize teams and players who don't get vaccinated. 

Just like with COVID...myocarditis would be rare with COVID vaccine. The big difference though is that medical professionals would be much more likely to associate myocarditis to COVID and not a vaccine (that is impossible to prove causation). So the tiny sample may be acknowledged. A COVID related medical association is pretty much a lock published case report at minimum. A COVID vaccine associate would be SHUNNED by the significant majority of medical journals  

VAERS is an absolute joke. Very few patients will report side effects either because the reporting process is incredibly challenging or their medical provider doesn’t think the vaccine is capable of harm. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The NFL is a private employer and they can do what they want. I see no downside for the NFL to penalize teams and players who don't get vaccinated. 

Well if a stadium is now a target because of this I could see HUGE downside to the NFL. 

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Employers mandate immunizations all the time. This is no different. It's not unethical at all.

It isn’t ethical when informed consent is so poor with this vaccine. Do you even remember your consent? Mild flu like symptoms you say? Tons of associates since that time, some of which are being heavily researched (but of course will never accepted within the medical community as legitimate because you can't prove that a perfectly healthy 21 year old who dies from DIC a day after the COVID vaccine was due to the COVID vaccine). 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 2