2021 NFL Covid Rules

incognito_man

44 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I'm 100% in support of people getting vaccinated, it is very likely more likely to help than harm for most people........

End. Stop.

This part....

45 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

.......but this is a huge patient autonomy concern. 

Minus a specific medical reason or concern, this part does not apply.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

End. Stop.

This part....

Minus a specific medical reason or concern, this part does not apply.

Not end stop. Patient autonomy does count. When we lose site of that for the "greater good", we are in big trouble. If the NFL wants to force it's players into a medical intervention...then they 100% should own the legal ramifications. If they are going to assume immunity...then that's unethical. You can't take someone's medical rights from them and not share fault for consequences.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The NFL is a private employer and they can do what they want. I see no downside for the NFL to penalize teams and players who don't get vaccinated. 

And fortunately (IMO) they're spread out across the country and immune from broad stroke legislation  outlawing their ability to enforce these rules.

I live in Florida where the ruling party has in fact passed many laws bearing down on the rights of private entities to enforce protections.
I believe Florida also now leads the nation in new cases and/or hospitalizations. Not sure exactly - but they're up there. 

It would be odd indeed is if some state legislatures passed such laws - applicable to the team in that state - whereas other states allowed the league to implement their plans. It would be odd.....but not an impossibility (unfortunately).

• Like 1

While I'd very much like to keep this topic open so we can discuss Football-related aspects of this news (like how it will affect certain players' chances of making a roster), I see it is already starting to tip over to COVID-related discussion and it will likely just spiral uncontrollably if I let it stay open.

You can discuss COVID here:

• Like 3