The "2020" Summer Olympic Games

THE DUKE

On 7/27/2021 at 7:15 PM, mse326 said:

Not sure how I feel about Biles taking herself out. I think mental health does need to be talked about more and treated more seriously. I think it needs to be treated like any physical injury. And some times that means you can play while treating it, and other times it means taking off to heal. Only she knows so I can't really criticize her decision and I do hope she is ok. And there certainly is a ton of focus and pressure on her. But if you are going to put a goat on your leotard and do a ton of commercials there is a bad taste in bowing out of olympic team finals because of what the pressure is doing to her mental health.

It's very disappointing to me to see all that work and time and effort not being shown to the world, I just hope she will be okay after this cause it's gotta be more than what we are being told.

Either Women's soccer isn't all that engaging, or Rapinoe is straight up point shaving.  Saw the last 5-8 minutes of team USA's game just now and USA had like 4-5 good chances to press for a shot and she:

• Botched a corner kick that went past the goal entirely and out of bounds
  • Passed behind an open team mate streaking towards the goal, this pass was uncontested
  • Was trying to center the ball to attack and kicked it literally directly to the defender in front of her
  • Got the ball stolen from her out on the wing AFTER juking the defender and getting past her

Game ended up in a tie, so odds are they still advance, just some very uninspiring play.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:37 PM, Shockwave said:

Equestrian ... so dumb. Like why is this a "sport"? The horse does all the damn work. 

My neighbors do Equestrian. Its def a sport. Horse is no different of a tool than a ball. Imagine how much harder it is due to the animal being alive. Can you picture Tom Brady throwing a live cow over part of a dead one? Nope... Well thats basically the handicap Equestrian riders have to deal with.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:39 AM, THE DUKE said:

There is something very satisfying about watching the swimming events, especially the distance swimming events.  Maybe just because it's impressive as hell swimming that fast for that long.

Distance swimming is all about rhythm, which might be what it is. Watching a clean mile is satisfying because the stroke counts, kick beat, breaths, etc. should all be consistent each length and the splits should be pretty much identical at pace.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Distance swimming is all about rhythm, which might be what it is. Watching a clean mile is satisfying because the stroke counts, kick beat, breaths, etc. should all be consistent each length and the splits should be pretty much identical at pace.

Shut up, nerd.

• Like 1