Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

Well it is great that it is here and we will have some actual football activities to talk about starting today, instead of the juvenile drama of Erin is thinking about breaking up with Mark and gave him back his class ring. 

A couple of thoughts, I expect that we will hear today that the Packers sign 3rd round draft pick Amari Rodgers and wrap up the draft class. Also they have works lined up with DT Sterling Johnson, CB Rashard Robinson and QB/TE Tommy Stevens in the next few days. Could see a player or two added and one or two released this weekend.  

We will probably hear a list of players who will start TC on the PUP soon also. 

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Well it is great that it is here and we will have some actual football activities to talk about starting today, instead of the juvenile drama of Erin is thinking about breaking up with Mark and gave him back his class ring. 

A couple of thoughts, I expect that we will hear today that the Packers sign 3rd round draft pick Amari Rodgers and wrap up the draft class. Also they have works lined up with DT Sterling Johnson, CB Rashard Robinson and QB/TE Tommy Stevens in the next few days. Could see a player or two added and one or two released this weekend.  

We will probably hear a list of players who will start TC on the PUP soon also. 

You rang? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Good. Pay him what he's worth not what his ego demands.  The Cards overpaid to soothe Hopkins.  We shouldn't base a 29+ year old WR's next contract on the Cards' mistake.  Adams is very, very good.  He is not the very best in the league.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Good. Pay him what he's worth not what his ego demands.  The Cards overpaid to soothe Hopkins.  We shouldn't base a 29+ year old WR's next contract on the Cards' mistake.  Adams is very, very good.  He is not the very best in the league.

I mean he is the best in the league but yeah you're right about the rest.

No biggee.  First, he's a WR.  Second, we can't be giving "best contact at position" money to everyone on the roster.  Third, he's under contract this year.  Fourth, GB can franchise him if needed.

Also....MVS is still my target to get a deal done during the season.  Lock him up and get a little continuity in the WR room for a few years.

• Like 3

Just trade everybody who's all butt hurt about whatever **** they're crying about lately. 

Money turns SOME athletes into the biggest *******. I swear if these guys worked a regular job they'd get laughed outta the workplace. 

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Just trade everybody who's all butt hurt about whatever **** they're crying about lately. 

Money turns SOME athletes into the biggest *******. I swear if these guys worked a regular job they'd get laughed outta the workplace. 

I've got no problem with one of the best WR's in the game wanting best WR in the game money.

In relation to a "regular" job....plenty of people jump jobs for more money.  Especially people who are in their prime and excellent at what they do.  Just like "Vante.

It's a same that our cap situation won't allow for him to be the highest paid WR.

• Like 2

Just now, vegas492 said:

I've got no problem with one of the best WR's in the game wanting best WR in the game money.

In relation to a "regular" job....plenty of people jump jobs for more money.  Especially people who are in their prime and excellent at what they do.  Just like "Vante.

It's a same that our cap situation won't allow for him to be the highest paid WR.

Do you disagree about trading him though? That's my main point. 

Just now, gopackgo972 said:

I was going to buy a DA jersey to replace the AR Jersey I wear every season. But now that seems risky. 

maybe I’ll get the de Beers one

I'll be going to GB for the Packer Experience.  Pro Shop, Tour, Hall of Fame....etc.  I've got $200 in gift cards to the Pro Shop and no idea whose jersey to get.  Leaning towards Love.

• Like 1

Just now, Kepler said:

Do you disagree about trading him though? That's my main point. 

Your point about trading is because he's "butt hurt".  That I disagree with.

I'm not trading him now.  No way.  You trade for a contract, the player comes with it.  His contract is nearly up.  If I were to trade him, I'd make him play this year, see how negotiations continue, then franchise tag him and shop him to the league.  Let them figure out that next contract.  And if you don't get what you want, play him on the franchise tag.  So long as the cap allows.