Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Norm said:

That's absolutely my feel too. Even before anything from TC. Just seems like the type. Doesn't mean everything but interesting nonetheless

Could very well be. I've never seen him....so I've no clue at this stage.
It's not like we dont need WR'S or WR depth.

Having Cobb here is gonna be awesome to help mentor the youngins. As a fan, It’s gonna feel like having Driver, a Veteran Leader that all the young guys will celebrate with. Yea he may not make a big impact in the stat column, but when he does make a big catch, it’s gonna be fun. 

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could very well be. I've never seen him....so I've no clue at this stage.
It's not like we dont need WR'S or WR depth.

Here is betting towards the end of TC he picks up a mysterious hamstring injury that keeps out for the season...

36 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Here is betting towards the end of TC he picks up a mysterious hamstring injury that keeps out for the season...

This would be a very silly thing to do though. You're doing this to make Rodgers happy, don't screw around and make him think you're ******* with him and what he wanted. 

Edit, thought I was in the Cobb thread

Edited by Norm

Can't imagine a world where there's space for Winfree on the roster.  Adams/MVS/Cobb/Rodgers makes 4, Lazard is almost certainly a lock, so it comes down to whether the 6th is Funchess, EQ, Winfree, or some other dark horse.  Only real question to me is how Lazard v Funchess shakes out.  Funchess isn't playing specials, so for him to make the roster he needs to be ahead of Lazard enough that he takes most of the big receiver snaps.  If Lazard is at least even in terms of performance, you keep Lazard and whoever is 6th plays specials.  If Funchess outperforms Lazard, Lazard is the 6th playing specials.  

So Winfree and EQ both likely need to root for Lazard to eat Funchess's lunch to open even a crack in the door.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

This would be a very silly thing to do though. You're doing this to make Rodgers happy, don't screw around and make him think you're ******* with him and what he wanted. 

Think he was talking about Winfree here, not Cobb.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

To clarify this comment - reporter just asked Cobb that Gute made no reservations earler when he said you are here to make Aaron happy. How does that make you feel?

This is why I was upset at Gute's comments earlier. As always Cobb answers like a professional. Didn't realize how much I missed Cobby until hearing him speak

I agree Gute could’ve said something other than Cobb is here because Aaron wanted him here.  I’m all for honesty and transparency, but that was just a **** thing to say.  Say it to Murphy, Ball, your wife, but not to the god damn public.  God I hope Cobb goes off this season, lol.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

The idea of a false injury would be that it would enhance GB's ability to stash him on the PS. I guess....presuming he's practice squad eligible. I really dont know anything about the guy.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I agree Gute could’ve said something other than Cobb is here because Aaron wanted him here.  I’m all for honesty and transparency, but that was just a **** thing to say.  Say it to Murphy, Ball, your wife, but not to the god damn public.  God I hope Cobb goes off this season, lol.  

Ha! You've gotta love it!

Gute's quietly EATEN **** for months that he's done bad by Rodgers - so - he finally say's he's done good by him - saying AR's getting input and we're listening - and he didnt say it just right. HA!  Cant win for losing. Just cant be done.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ha! You've gotta love it!

Gute's quietly EATEN **** for months that he's done bad by Rodgers - so - he finally say's he's done good by him - saying AR's getting input and we're listening - and he didnt say it just right. HA!  Cant win for losing. Just cant be done.

“Aaron has expressed his desire that we bring Cobb back to Green Bay.  Considering Cobb’s history with our club, and that we think he can still contribute to our program, we believe we made the right decision.”

Not that ******* hard, smh.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I don't think he had mal-intent. The stone-cold truth is that Cobb wouldn't be here without Rodgers restructuring (to get him here). I didn't notice anything off-putting about what he said or how he said it. It didn't diminish Cobb or anything (I don't think).

Just now, Sasquatch said:

“Aaron has expressed his desire that we bring Cobb back to Green Bay.  Considering Cobb’s history with our club, and that we think he can still contribute to our program, we believe we made the right decision.”

Not that ******* hard, smh.

Great. Go re-write the Gettysburg Address then. I'm sure Abe could have worded it better - or more to your precise liking. 

Again. He didnt say it *just right* - or - as you put it above - so there's gotta be some sort of bad intent or ill will lurking between the lines or he's just a bastard. 

It's simple:
- Cobb wouldnt be here if it wasnt for AR.
- Even Cobb knows he wouldnt be here if it wasnt for AR.
- Gute admited that Cobb's here because of AR.
- The Sun rises in the East.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't think he had mal-intent. The stone-cold truth is that Cobb wouldn't be here without Rodgers restructuring (to get him here). I didn't notice anything off-putting about what he said or how he said it. It didn't diminish Cobb or anything (I don't think).

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Great. Go re-write the Gettysburg Address then. I'm sure Abe could have worded it better - or more to your precise liking. 

Again. He didnt say it *just right* - or - as you put it above - so there's gotta be some sort of bad intent or ill will lurking between the lines or he's just a bastard. 

It's simple:
- Cobb wouldnt be here if it wasnt for AR.
- Even Cobb knows he wouldnt be here if it wasnt for AR.
- Gute admited that Cobb's here because of AR.
- The Sun rises in the East.

You are right.  You don't need to be perfect in your pressers.  There's absolutely no need for tact in football.  I mean, Fook your feelings.