Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

Just now, JBURGE said:

I guess my post was longer than a tweet so you didn't care to read the rest huh

I did read it and I question whether you watched the presser.

He did compliment Cobb. Perhaps not in the exact words you use or as effusively - but he did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Did you listen to it or are you just commenting with limited perspective as always? 

You would hope that your GM would say that Cobb brings a lot to the team as both a player and a leader, other WRs will look up to him, and he is still an effective player on the field. Cobb and his family are moving back across the country to play for the team. He comes out and says yeah we just did it for Aaron, we wouldn't be interested otherwise, that does a really great job fitting the narrative that the FO has been given through this.

Of course he has 0 obligation to surrender roster control. The point is the way he said it, laughing it off, and saying the issue he thinks Rodgers has is that they weren't explaining to him after they made the decision. I think for those that watched Rodgers presser yesterday would say that is probably not it.

Gute's communication is poor. His roster building is great!

I’m sorry, but given the fact that Rodgers trashed the front office for a full 32 minutes yesterday, I thought Gutekunst handled the questions fairly and honestly, while trying not to worsen the situation with Rodgers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I did read it and I question whether you watched the presser.

He did compliment Cobb. Perhaps not in the exact words you use or as effusively - but he did.

I'm glad the guy on zoom specifically asked him to at the end, so that was nice.

1 minute ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I’m sorry, but given the fact that Rodgers trashed the front office for a full 32 minutes yesterday, I thought Gutekunst handled the questions fairly and honestly, while trying not to worsen the situation with Rodgers.

I suppose if you disagree with what he said yesterday than you would feel this. Gute does a good job of deflecting questions without answering them, but thought it was funny that he didn't mix words when speaking about why Cobb was here lol. I appreciate the honesty, but with how he answers most things I thought it was out of character. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I'm glad the guy on zoom specifically asked him to at the end, so that was nice.

I've no idea where the questions came from but Gute's answers were steady and fair. Does he *actually* foresee this relationship continuing in the future? That's questionable - but - it's just as questionable from AR's perspective - so, I'm not gonna hold Gute to a higher standard than AR.

Gute (again) reiterated the obvious - the same as it applies to all the other rostered players:  AR's under contract.  Thats not a promise he (or they) will see the end of the contract - but - AR's not issuing any grand declarations he wants to either.

T'sall good in my book. Time to play some football.

Just now, JBURGE said:

I suppose if you disagree with what he said yesterday than you would feel this. Gute does a good job of deflecting questions without answering them, but thought it was funny that he didn't mix words when speaking about why Cobb was here lol. I appreciate the honesty, but with how he answers most things I thought it was out of character. 

I don’t disagree with everything Rodgers said.  Some of what he said seemed like legit complaints (communication with long tenured players as they leave or are cut).  Some were completely ridiculous (his response to Silverstein pointing out that of the players mentioned by Rodgers, most of them were not successful post packers tenure).

The world isn’t all or nothing.  You don’t have to be on “Team Rodgers” or “Team Packers FO”.  There is room for nuance and like anything else in life, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.  Rodgers just chose to air it all out yesterday, which typically isn’t something done if you are hoping for a chance at reconciliation.  Gutekunst hasn’t gone down that road (yet).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Not to be that guy but just so some random a hole doesn't make fun of you once day, it's mince words

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I am listening to Gute's presser from today. Yikes. I love what he has done from a roster building perspective but man he is so tone deaf. He is almost going out of his way to say they only traded for Cobb because of Aaron,

Why not tell it like it is?  Anyone with a 1/4 of a brain knew that was the case. Rodgers was getting upset because there weren't enough geezers on the roster to hang out with. That was clearly a bone throw to Aaron.

Edited by St Vince

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Winfree with another catch in the developmental period. He’s been a machine today.

I don't know much about this dude really but everything i have ever heard always made it sound like he could be a player one day. Hoping I get to see that play out

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't know much about this dude really but everything i have ever heard always made it sound like he could be a player one day. Hoping I get to see that play out

Jake Morley -   Juwann Winfree is the early leader for “no way he clears waivers” fan favorite.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I am listening to Gute's presser from today. Yikes. I love what he has done from a roster building perspective but man he is so tone deaf. He is almost going out of his way to say they only traded for Cobb because of Aaron, hasn't even said so far (I am about halfway thru) that Cobb is a good player, just that he will be a positive in the locker room and as a player. 

Also laughed at the question about surrendering roster control, said it's "literally just finding a way to incorporate Aaron's thoughts, or explaining to him why we are making decisions, because the reason ROdgers may be upset is not understanding why we are making these decisions". 

Bruh. 

To clarify this comment - reporter just asked Cobb that Gute made no reservations earler when he said you are here to make Aaron happy. How does that make you feel?

This is why I was upset at Gute's comments earlier. As always Cobb answers like a professional. Didn't realize how much I missed Cobby until hearing him speak

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -   Juwann Winfree is the early leader for “no way he clears waivers” fan favorite.

That's absolutely my feel too. Even before anything from TC. Just seems like the type. Doesn't mean everything but interesting nonetheless