Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He... didn't "blame" him at all lol

He acknowledged the reasoning behind the move. Like a straightforward man. It's not weakness to capitalize on the realistic situation in front of you like Gute did.

It looked like pure capitulation to me.  Like, oh ****, I just got my a$$ handed to me on a platter by this prick, my MVP QB, lol.

Edited by Sasquatch

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This too ha.

He maybe did that as a wink/nod they (Ball, Gute, Murphy) can chuckle about later.

mid season, Rodgers is forcing the ball to Cobb so his "GM move" looks good.   MLF gets pissed as Rodgers is not running the offense, checking out of plays.  

Rodgers gets benched and Love goes ham

• Like 1

Well guys, I am looking to go watch practice tomorrow morning. However, there's a 60% chance of rain likely in the afternoon... I'm on the west side of the state, a good 3+hrs away from Lambeau. Really don't want to make the trek to have them go practice inside. Any of you guys know how they operate this? Will they schedule an indoor/outdoor practice ahead of time or how does it work? 

Does anyone foresee any cap casualties coming out of this camp? Obviously cap space is at a premium this year, so I'd be curious if there are any camp battles where it would make sense to go with the younger, cheaper play. Immediately I thought of Devin Funchess and Josh Jackson, who would each save maybe $1-1.5M and might no provide much of an upgrade over their replacements.

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

Absolutely. Rodgers gets to talk about the crap job he thinks Gutekunst has done.  Has Gutekunst ever spoke critically about the performance of Rodgers at his job?

You want a voice at the decision making table, then your hits and misses are fair game to be critiqued.

Of all of the guys Rodgers mentioned in his presser the other day only Matthews, Bulaga and his buddy Kumerow were let go while Gute has been GM.  Perhaps Rodgers beef should be with the late TT instead?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I love Cobb and am actually ok with the decision, even if he's just Rodger's fluffer.  I'm just making the point that Rodgers didn't pull Cobb into this stupid effing drama - Gute allowed it to happen.

It appears Cobb is more than happy to be pulled into this drama.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Of all of the guys Rodgers mentioned in his presser the other day only Matthews, Bulaga and his buddy Kumerow were let go while Gute has been GM.  Perhaps Rodgers beef should be with the late TT instead?

Nelson was a TT move as well? I think that one bothered AR.

I’m just curious which of those decisions were wrong? It seems to me that every one of those guys had one good year then dropped off sharply. Cobb’s year in Houston might be a slight outlier based on the teams overall play but really the other guys all seemed to drop off in play. So the team is supposed to keep all of these guys until they want to be done? Is that what’s happening?