Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll be going to GB for the Packer Experience.  Pro Shop, Tour, Hall of Fame....etc.  I've got $200 in gift cards to the Pro Shop and no idea whose jersey to get.  Leaning towards Love.

Love or JA seem like a safe bet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Your point about trading is because he's "butt hurt".  That I disagree with.

I'm not trading him now.  No way.  You trade for a contract, the player comes with it.  His contract is nearly up.  If I were to trade him, I'd make him play this year, see how negotiations continue, then franchise tag him and shop him to the league.  Let them figure out that next contract.  And if you don't get what you want, play him on the franchise tag.  So long as the cap allows.

Yeah I get that. I guess I'm just thinking that what's going on with AR is having an effect on DA negotiations but I can't say for sure of course. Taking his tweets into context though it seems likely, just imo anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yeah I get that. I guess I'm just thinking that what's going on with AR is having an effect on DA negotiations but I can't say for sure of course. Taking his tweets into context though it seems likely, just imo anyway. 

Look, the Aaron Rodgers thing is going to hang over the club for a while.  Every time a player does something, it is going to come up.

This situation though, is financial.  Only so much money to go around.  Not everyone can be the highest paid at a position.  And in 'Vante's case, he deserves it, but he's also a little older.  So, it is complicated.

My take is this.  This organization is at a crossroads right now.  Everything hinges on Rodgers.  Everything is going to related back to Rodgers.  

The Bucks Title makes this a lot easier for me.  I'm of the opinion that the club should just move on without Rodgers.  (And if I'm being fair, I go back and forth and back and forth on this one.)  Invest in defense, draft offense.  Take a few lumps this year with Love under center and move forward.  If 'Vante wants to join, awesome.  If not?  No worries, there are always other receivers.

Edited by vegas492

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Look, the Aaron Rodgers thing is going to hang over the club for a while.  Every time a player does something, it is going to come up.

This situation though, is financial.  Only so much money to go around.  Not everyone can be the highest paid at a position.  And in 'Vante's case, he deserves it, but he's also a little older.  So, it is complicated.

My take is this.  This organization is at a crossroads right now.  Everything hinges on Rodgers.  Everything is going to related back to Rodgers.  

The Bucks Title makes this a lot easier for me.  I'm of the opinion that the club should just move on without Rodgers.  (And if I'm being fair, I go back and forth and back and forth on this one.)  Invest in defense, draft offense.  Take a few lumps this year with Love under center and move forward.  If 'Vante wants to join, awesome.  If not?  No worries, there are always other receivers.

Run it back one last time for 2021 with Rodgers/Davante and then in the offseason trade Rodgers for the best return you can get and get that 3rd rd comp pick for letting Davante walk in FA IMO.

Of course, that assumes Rodgers reports to camp lol. If he does not, then at that point it's full blown rebuild mode. Trade both Rodgers and Davante and get a jumpstart on the rebuilding process by acquiring as many picks/players you can for both of them.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, gotta wonder if the organization is just gonna say, "I don't value receiver that much. I'm not going to pay that."

They will if Aaron has a change of heart and takes that extension, they won't if he doesn't. That's my belief.

No reason for a rebuilding team to be tied to a 30m WR who's approaching 30.

Smart for the FO to take a wait and see approach. Re-signing Adams is an "all-in" move.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They will if Aaron has a change of heart and takes that extension, they won't if he doesn't. That's my belief.

No reason for a rebuilding team to be tied to a 30m WR who's approaching 30.

Smart for the FO to take a wait and see approach. Re-signing Adams is an "all-in" move.

I don’t see the team as re-building with or without Rodgers. The defense is extremely talented and extremely young. They just gotta hope Love hits. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t see the team as re-building with or without Rodgers. The defense is extremely talented and extremely young. They just gotta hope Love hits. 

If Love hits they'll want cap flexibility to hit FA hard and maximize his rookie deal years. Fill positions that are critical to a SB run. WR is not that position.