Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

Tom Silverstein -   Asked if he wanted to play other positions than just LCB, Jaire Alexander said he told new DC Joe Barry that he would play wherever he wants him to play. He said would rush off the edge or do a swim move on a guard if Barry wants him to. He just wants to make plays, he said.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Ball is the constant in the equation.  That, and well, I've heard a few things.

Your issue outlined in your second statement is one I agree with.

I guess I'm confused about what's so wrong with the equation. The equation is one of the most successful franchises in the NFL.

As far as having heard things, I've heard whispers as well, but to me it mostly comes off as people being mad that the adult in the room won't let them play with lit firecrackers. See: Rodgers, Aaron for the most recent example.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I do as well ... LaFleur will have a great idea of what he can and can't do well and will tailor things to help him.  They just don't want to rush him when they have an all-time great available to them.  The extra year will help Love, but he's probably going to be ready to roll at some point this season.

I gotta think he's going to be good.  Cant see Murphy, Gute, and the like practically showing tbe MVP Rodgers the door without a solid plan.  I think they are downplaying his progress. 

I'd love to hear MLFs opinion on this transition.  Not the public BS, but the actual plan and if he's on board with Rodgers leaving and Love taking over?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Is he about to go full TO on us? "I love me some me!" 

Every top athlete has to have a big ego. There's so much pressure to succeed - followed by so much failure to overcome - if you dont think highly of your abilities.......you'll eventually be crushed.

TO was nuts. A very, very good WR....but an overboard narcissist.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Every top athlete has to have a big ego. There's so much pressure to succeed - followed by so much failure to overcome - if you dont think highly of your abilities.......you'll eventually be crushed.

TO was nuts. A very, very good WR....but an overboard narcissist.

I was joking, I love Jaire and his confidence. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Wes Hodkiewicz -   LaFleur on early impressions of Eric Stokes: "He's got some of the things you can't teach. He has great speed and change-of-direction."

Change of direction is a biggie remember one of the knocks was he was somewhat stiff perhaps it’s nit as big of a deal  as it was made at draft time or he has been working on flexibility.

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

Change of direction is a biggie remember one of the knocks was he was somewhat stiff perhaps it’s nit as big of a deal  as it was made at draft time or he has been working on flexibility.

And CoD (or....change of direction to the unknowing :) ) tends to be a problem for King (IMO at least).
He's tall and lanky - but supposedly fast - so the hope was/is that he had the catch up quicks to balance against his CoD skills.  Especially when covering routes in the MOF :)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

And CoD (or....change of direction to the unknowing :) ) tends to be a problem for King (IMO at least).
He's tall and lanky - but supposedly fast - so the hope was/is that he had the catch up quicks to balance against his CoD skills.  Especially when covering routes in the MOF :)

Every time I hear about issues with CoD I think of Aaron Rouse for some reason eeeww.