Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

They can be a bit hot take-y so that they get spread around though for sure

Perhaps. Cant fault a person for having some kind of opinion that may leak into their comments - but I find the majority of them are simple statements - or either opinion or facts/data - which can be informative if not conclusive.

Edited by Leader

Looks like Myers making good early impression with the guy that matters:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/02/aaron-rodgers-impressed-by-early-returns-on-packers-rookie-c-josh-myers/

In an interview with NFL Network this past weekend, the Green Bay Packers quarterback was asked by former teammate James Jones on who has stood out in camp thus far.

“I gotta say Josh Myers, the center,” Rodgers replied. “For a guy to come in, as a draft pick, as a rookie, and be that comfortable – it’s pretty impressive.”

Myers, who was selected 62nd overall by the Packers in the second round of April’s draft, has been getting all of the first-team reps at center during the first few days of training camp.

“He’s very comfortable with the system, comfortable in his own skin,” Rodgers continued. “And he’s a big fella. He’s probably the biggest center I’ve had in front of me.”

“I like the way he’s stepped in and controlled the huddle and the calls the first four days.”

Just now, Leader said:

Perhaps. Cant fault a person for having some kind of opinion that may leak into their comments - but I fine the majority of them are simple statements - or either opinion or facts/data - which can be informative if not conclusive.

I'll give you an example that isn't really a hot take but what they do. When we had Kumerow, he was tweeted about way more than he should have been imo, it was like some of the other guy's barely existed and I'm sure they made some plays too but people loved the Wisconsin boy and I'm sure those tweets got the replies and likes and **** and so just naturally, maybe without intent they just start always tweeting about anything he does.

I don't think it's always so fair and balanced just because of the nature of the way social media works

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'll give you an example that isn't really a hot take but what they do. When we had Kumerow, he was tweeted about way more than he should have been imo, it was like some of the other guy's barely existed and I'm sure they made some plays too but people loved the Wisconsin boy and I'm sure those tweets got the replies and likes and **** and so just naturally, maybe without intent they just start always tweeting about anything he does.

I don't think it's always so fair and balanced just because of the nature of the way social media works

Could be. I never noticed - but that could have been on my part i.e. ignoring Kumerow info. Dont know / cant say.

Krys Barnes said today he played and 245 last year and is down to 235 this year. Man, he sure didn't look 245 to me. But if he's gotten lighter and quicker, it might help him in coverage. He's listed at 229 on Packers roster, but I don't know when that weight listing is from. 

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be. I never noticed - but that could have been on my part i.e. ignoring Kumerow info. Dont know / cant say.

Just overall felt like the main beat guys used to give more detailed accounts with way more tweets even including pretty mundane info in there too and now SOME of them don't seem to bother as much unless it's going to be a really popular tweet or something. Feels like we just get bits and pieces now and we just used to get more. 

Agree, some play to their followers. There is a fair amount of playing on the negative also and a mob mentality with the attacks on certain players that serve as the wiping boys. If those reporting only give the positive of one player and the negative from another, public perception is easily skewed. With Kumerow there never seemed to be a negative comment.   

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Just overall felt like the main beat guys used to give more detailed accounts with way more tweets even including pretty mundane info in there too and now SOME of them don't seem to bother as much unless it's going to be a really popular tweet or something. Feels like we just get bits and pieces now and we just used to get more. 

Could be. I dont analyze them too closely.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Aaron threatened to sit out of press conferences unless they Tweeted about Kumerow.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be. I dont analyze them too closely.

Live a little and analyze something once in a while. You might like it. lol

Edited by Norm
15 minutes ago, Striker said:

Aaron threatened to sit out of press conferences unless they Tweeted about Kumerow.

I hated Kumerow so much, he wasn't terrible or anything but there were some people who just truly believed he was going to be this #2 reliable starter after we bitched about ISO routes and lack of separation for a decade.. But yes let's be Kumerow fans.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Live a little and analyze something once in a while. You might like it. lol

LOL  If it causes me to get into the weeds over Tweets? I've got better things to do. I bring them to the board - most often w/o any personal comment - for informative purposes. I'll let you - the reader - be the judge of the author's intent.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I hated Kumerow so much, he wasn't terrible or anything but there were some people who just truly believed he was going to be this #2 reliable starter after we bitched about ISO routes and lack of separation for a decade.. But yes let's be Kumerow fans.

Are those the same type who thought Janis was a hall of famer?

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are those the same type who thought Janis was a hall of famer?

I feel like Jake had way more fans than Janis but yes, maybe. At least Janis had the speed

Edited by Norm