Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

First, I don't know how a 5th round pick can be a bust. The majority of them never make any impact. Second, he made the team last year and contributed in moments last year. No idea if he's going to make the roster or not, but this is a bit dramatic IMO. 

There are only 2 options

Stud/all pro

Bust

There is no middle ground

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

First, I don't know how a 5th round pick can be a bust. The majority of them never make any impact. Second, he made the team last year and contributed in moments last year. No idea if he's going to make the roster or not, but this is a bit dramatic IMO. 

There were pretty high hopes for this guy heading into camp.  He had a strong camp last year, and a few eye catching plays in the regular season, but as the season went on he got worse and worse.  This year he is headed in the wrong direction already.  Moving him to OLB is a bad sign.  

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Not much to this. Just happened on this set of tweets after reading the exchange in here.

I figured they had some "rules"

Was just speculating that the other day makes sense now

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There were pretty high hopes for this guy heading into camp.  He had a strong camp last year, and a few eye catching plays in the regular season, but as the season went on he got worse and worse.  This year he is headed in the wrong direction already.  Moving him to OLB is a bad sign.  

He was injured for a long bit of time last year. Probably why his play diminished. Moving to OLB today could have been due to Ramsey's injury and being short a guy. Could be they want to see if he has a certain skill set which would enable him to play OLB for certain packages. 

I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but I think your reaction is a bit of an overreaction. Let's see a few preseason games before we write this kid's obituary. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's not even a pass rush.  Nice throw, but big ******* deal. 

It's the Bears. A QB completing a pass downfield is a big f'ing deal. Even funnier is the guy had to sort of lay out to catch the pass. It wasn't like he dropped a dime. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's not even a pass rush.  Nice throw, but big ******* deal. 

For sure. TJ Lang followed up on this and said he has no faith in the bears OL giving him that much time. Packers twitter dunking on bears tweets. Its a good time haha

23 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think this is probably Turner's last year in Green Bay. Jenkins will be moved to RT and one of the young guys (Runyan, Braden, Newman, Van Lanen) will take over at LG.

Unless Royce decides he wants to do the 4th round starting NFL tackle thing like Bakh did.  That'd be pretty cool.

25 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Unless Royce decides he wants to do the 4th round starting NFL tackle thing like Bakh did.  That'd be pretty cool.

It certainly can't be ruled out. He was getting some RT reps until Kelly was added. I believe now he's mostly at RG. The trend in Green Bay has been for these mid-round guys to play inside (Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Linsley). Bakhtiari was the exception.