Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -   Packers coach Matt LaFleur said that LB Kamal Martin suffered an injury that will sidelined him temporarily but the plan is to play him at both inside and outside linebacker.

Yeah, pretty much confirms he's Ramsey's replacement.  Don't think they're looking to make him a full time pass-rusher, more just an athlete you can walk around some.

Just now, MrBobGray said:

Yeah, pretty much confirms he's Ramsey's replacement.  Don't think they're looking to make him a full time pass-rusher, more just an athlete you can walk around some.

Agree. I think the inclusion of Campbell in the picture has affected Martin's career arc.

48 minutes ago, packfanfb said:
Deguara is back.

Nice!

On Martin, obviously his standing is not what we'd hoped it would be a year ago.  Last camp, there were repeated buzz reports about how dynamic he looked, hitter, playmaker, and how he looked like he was winning a job as a starter, etc..  Pretty obvious that the team didn't evaluate him that way after the season.  UDFA Barnes has clearly won the ILB job ahead of Martin.  And then going to sign Campbell confirmed that they didn't like Martin that well as a 2nd ILB, and felt the need to go outside to get a guy.  So yeah, I admit I'm disappointed, I'd hoped he with Barnes was going to secure ILB in an effective way for a long time.  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Nice!

On Martin, obviously his standing is not what we'd hoped it would be a year ago.  Last camp, there were repeated buzz reports about how dynamic he looked, hitter, playmaker, and how he looked like he was winning a job as a starter, etc..  Pretty obvious that the team didn't evaluate him that way after the season.  UDFA Barnes has clearly won the ILB job ahead of Martin.  And then going to sign Campbell confirmed that they didn't like Martin that well as a 2nd ILB, and felt the need to go outside to get a guy.  So yeah, I admit I'm disappointed, I'd hoped he with Barnes was going to secure ILB in an effective way for a long time.  

I'd say there is still time for Martin to show what had the coaches excited last season.  For one, he's young and there is plenty of preseason to let guys like that separate themselves from the competition.  Campbell has much more experience and seems to have the body type for coverage.  Not surprised he has a leg up.  Barnes showed he can play and wear the helmet last year so someone has to knock him off of that spot if they want it.

I believe Barry has a plan for his LBs, that was his position room in LA.  They clearly want some coverage whether from ILB or OLB so they are getting guys reps to those that might have that ability.  It would be awesome to get some playmakers in at that level but it's pretty obvious from most of the league and definitely in GB they won't invest a ton on that level of the D.

Ryan Wood -   Matt LaFleur says he has "a feel" for what Jordan Love can do, but it's different when a QB gets live snaps, which he has not seen. He says a big gap between Love and Aaron Rodgers is their autonomy at LOS. Love's duties at line are simplified. "Indecisive equals ineffective."

Ryan Wood -   Lucas Patrick has gotten all 1st-team reps at RG with David Bakhtiari out. When Bakhtiari returns, and Elgton Jenkins returns to G, LaFleur said Patrick will have competition for that spot: "There's a competition everywhere, but specifically those interior spots, for sure."

///

Jenkins is heading back inside.....not RT.

25 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Not liking these reports of Stokes... 

And Josh Jackson cookin after a large percentage of the fan base thought he was hot garbage is priceless. 

In 1 on 1 drill, CB Josh Jackson had two excellent turns against Davante Adams and Allen Lazard. Stoned both of them on throws from Rodgers.

Josh Jackson wins his first one on one with Davante. One to tell the grandkids about.

Aaron Nagler - 

- ANOTHER great catch from Begelton on a dime from Love. Far hash throw, Love placed it perfectly. Defense is adamant Begelton was out but rye chains are moved. Hell of a play.

- Rodgers escapes the pocket to his right, two options available underneath, instead throws a 50 yard dime to Lazard for a TD, as one does.

- Love is dealing. Three great completions in a row, including an absolutely perfect throw to Funchess on the right sideline where only his receiver could get to it.

- Stop me if you’ve heard this before but…two more nice catches by Begelton to start the 2 min drill with the 2s.

- Love tries hitting Sternberger over the middle but Campbell makes a diving play on the ball. Probably should have been a pick, but nice play regardless.

Ryan Wood -   Kabion Ento is a former WR in college, and he looks like it when he plays the football as a corner. Ento able to break up a Kurt Benkert back-shoulder pass intended for Devin Funchess in the end zone. He had a PBU vs. Aaron Rodgers in 2-minute drill earlier this week.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler - 

- ANOTHER great catch from Begelton on a dime from Love. Far hash throw, Love placed it perfectly. Defense is adamant Begelton was out but rye chains are moved. Hell of a play.

- Rodgers escapes the pocket to his right, two options available underneath, instead throws a 50 yard dime to Lazard for a TD, as one does.

- Love is dealing. Three great completions in a row, including an absolutely perfect throw to Funchess on the right sideline where only his receiver could get to it.

- Stop me if you’ve heard this before but…two more nice catches by Begelton to start the 2 min drill with the 2s.

- Love tries hitting Sternberger over the middle but Campbell makes a diving play on the ball. Probably should have been a pick, but nice play regardless.

This year's Kumerow.