Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -   Jordan Love’s 2-minute drill stalls at the 5-yard line. He hit DeAndre Thompkins for 31-yards pass over Ka’dar Hollman to spark the drive, but overthrew Malik Turner out back off end zone on fourth and goal. Love was 3-7 for 57 yards on the drive.

Malik Taylor. He, by the way,  in my opinion still is the guy to beat for the #6 WR position due to his special teams play.  

45 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Mentioned Gaines as a sleeper in my 53 prediction a few days ago. He's been pretty good in camp. Interested to watch him in the preseason games. 

My UDFA sleeper was Uphoff. Apparently he's been having a good camp aswell. 

Edited by ReadyToThump
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Malik Taylor. He, by the way,  in my opinion still is the guy to beat for the #6 WR position due to his special teams play.  

I think the corpse of Cloris Leachman could do better on specials than Malik Taylor.  He was so awful returning kicks that teams intentionally pooch kicked after scoring.   All on his own he flipped field position against his own team.  Had he been cast in Bull Durham, he would have defined "lolligagger".

I can't say that he was good, bad, or indifferent on coverage specials.  Can say he was downright putrid returning kickoffs.

Aaron Nagler -    He (Jordan Love) is just wildly inconsistent right now. When he plays in rhythm, he looks great. When things break down, which happens a lot in the NFL, he gets way too sloppy. But he’s progressing.

Edited by Leader

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think the corpse of Cloris Leachman could do better on specials than Malik Taylor.  He was so awful returning kicks that teams intentionally pooch kicked after scoring.   All on his own he flipped field position against his own team.  Had he been cast in Bull Durham, he would have defined "lolligagger".

I can't say that he was good, bad, or indifferent on coverage specials.  Can say he was downright putrid returning kickoffs.

I don't think they'll keep him for his returns, although I believe Darrius Shepherd was the guy that had teams pooch kicking. Taylor did play quite a bit on coverage units. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I think my TV is breaking while he returns kicks

Taylor was drawing the pooch kicks, too.  Had a hard time getting it past the 20.  Had no wiggle, and not fast enough to outrun anybody to get around a corner. 

I think he was used on all ST, though. 

While he was totally NOT a play-maker as a kick-returner, I assume the blocking in front of him on returns was pretty vulnerable.  Seemed like if he just caught it on the 3 and ran straight, he'd be getting swarmed before he got to the 20. 

• Like 1

Taylor does have some use on coverage teams, but he's just such a generic JAG. There are 200 Malik Taylor's out there. Unless he's Jeff Janis in covering punts/kicks (which he is not), I just don't see him making the 53 especially after that room has added Funchess, Cobb and Rodgers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -    He (Jordan Love) is just wildly inconsistent right now. When he plays in rhythm, he looks great. When things break down, which happens a lot in the NFL, he gets way too sloppy. But he’s progressing.

This is why 1 more year of 12 after this season could be ideal.  May not be likely, but We'll see how it shakes out.

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is why 1 more year of 12 after this season could be ideal.  May not be likely, but We'll see how it shakes out.

Decent chance of that happening I'd say.  I don't get the idea that Love is anywhere close to being ready to be a quality NFL starting QB.  

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Decent chance of that happening I'd say.  I don't get the idea that Love is anywhere close to being ready to be a quality NFL starting QB.  

He hasn't played snap of football against a other team in 599 days. And he was a project coming out. He needs the preseason reps. He's fine in 2022.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He hasn't played snap of football against a other team in 599 days. And he was a project coming out. He needs the preseason reps. He's fine in 2022.

I agree with you, but we'll see on 2022.  I'm not ruling out the Packers figuring out a way to hold on to Rodgers for another season if they need to.  Hopefully Love will feel more free to just cut it loose in the preseason games.  I get the idea that the footwork and making adjustments is getting the best of his right now.