Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I would think it would be smart to get Myer's some game time during the PS.
Who's our backup C should he get hurt?

Lucas Patrick  C2, Jenkins can of course also do it but he's needed elsewhere, esp to start the season.  Runyan has had some cross training there and per his interview was scout team center for about half the year and is working to become comfortable at all of the interior positions. I guess they try to cross train all of the guys to some extent. 

Edited by Refugee

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

He hasn't played snap of football against a other team in 599 days. And he was a project coming out. He needs the preseason reps. He's fine in 2022.

We’ll see. I think most people rightfully see 2022 as the year considering contract, salary cap, situation with management.

Every situation and player is different but future HOFer Rodgers sure didn’t look ready to go until late year 3 vs the Cowboys in his limited action. If we’re good this year and Rodgers is willing to try it in GB again in 2022 it would be tempting. Although it would suck to miss his trade value and the cap would be a mess. Love would have to be on board or at least ok with it too.

My recollection of Aaron Rodgers in preseason:

2005: Bad

2006: Better, but not good.

2007: Looked ready to be a starter.

I'm kind of expecting Love to look a lot like 2006 Rodgers. Whether he can progress fast enough to look like 2007 Rodgers in 2022 remains to be seen.  

• Like 1

I'm not a person who has 'my guys', but Jack Heflin keeps popping up in tweets from people who are covering TC. It is not easy for IDL to get noticed in TC. Add in a check of the Packers first depth chart and see Heflin is listed as a second teamer, makes me think the Packers like him a little more than he is being talked about. Or it could mean nothing.      

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

My recollection of Aaron Rodgers in preseason:

2005: Bad

2006: Better, but not good.

2007: Looked ready to be a starter.

I'm kind of expecting Love to look a lot like 2006 Rodgers. Whether he can progress fast enough to look like 2007 Rodgers in 2022 remains to be seen.  

same. although i'm prepared for Love to look like 2005 Rodgers in at least the first game. He's going to be wound tightly I suspect after all this time and everything that has happened and might make some bad decisions and throws. What I'm hoping to see is him improve throughout pre-season action drive-by-drive so he's on 2006 Rodgers level by the end of it.