Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

21 minutes ago, SSG said:

I can understand why Adams would be upset.  He just watched Green Bay pay Bak a record setting deal in a very similar LT market.  

Larry Tunsil's contract was every bit the outlier contract that Hopkins has in Arizona and Bak's contract crushed it.  Now their requiring Adams to play for a significant home team discount if he wants to stay in Green Bay.

Adams is in a lose lose situation.  He either gets screwed over by a low ball contract or he gets screwed over by Green Bay tagging him for the next couple years essentially playing the last bit of his prime years for a front office he hates.  

There's no way he's going to just roll over and let them run out the clock on his last chance at a mega-deal. If they don't extend him with a realistic contract and then tag him next year, he'd be justified in holding out and demanding a trade. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

You were on target....he's in a tough spot. ALL the players with contracts and/or extensions coming up are in a challenged spot. AR's cap % has shot to the top and the cap's been cut back drastically - making hard choices necessary - but you tailed off at the end:  I dont think Adams hates the front office.

If he's tagged for 2 years which would cost him upwards of 30-40 million dollars (or more) in future revenue he will hate the front office.  

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I liked what Dafney did last season.  I prefer what I saw from him to what I last saw from Sternberger.  It will be interesting to see how the numbers game plays out.  It is difficult to keep 4+ TEs, and I'm not sure he does anything better than Lewis, Tonyan, or Deguara.

Right there with you. He had limited opportunities down the stretch during the regular season as a guy off the street, made good on ALL but one of them where he dropped a rather difficult ball that glanced off his fingertips, and then his role expanded in the playoffs quietly becoming a bit of an unsung hero in certain aspects of MLF's offense as a result. I can see us keeping at least 4 TE's simply because of how the H-back functions in our system - a role Dafney executed quite well IMHO. Given that Dafney is able to execute that role well AND function as a move TE, that allows Deguara to serve more in the H-back role we really intended him to play when we drafted him leaving Tonyan as the premier pass-catcher out of the bunch and Lewis as the blocking TE/jump-ball TE.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Lamest news of the whole meeting TBH: 

Sounds like the anti-vaxxers are there. Murphy HAS to make that announcement given the league's latest Covid policy news.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I disagree - but it is after all a business.  NFL doesnt stand for "Non Profit"

They cant very well be making multimillionaires out of the players if they in fact aren't making coin.

Just gonna leave it at this....

I think fans are way more concerned with wins and titles than most organizations and players are.

I think that is GB has been so good for so long.  Not for Profit, no single owner.  They have guys in the front office to make the organization money, and they have guys who are football guys.  All working together.  I think that is a little different than a more "normal" organization with a singular owner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

There's no way he's going to just roll over and let them run out the clock on his last chance at a mega-deal. If they don't extend him with a realistic contract and then tag him next year, he'd be justified in holding out and demanding a trade. 

I would love to know what Adams wants and what the Packers are proposing.  If he expects Hopkins money or above then no, that was an absurd contract, If he wants north of Julio Jones money or above at near 23 or 24 mil than that is not out of the question IMO.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I think fans are way more concerned with wins and titles than most organizations and players are.

Maybe so. I usually dont make judgements I have no basis for making but overall I'd venture to guess GB fans aren't much different than most others.

11 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Probably in the minority here but I was hoping he'd stay away so Love could get more reps. Was also hoping while he was away we got a blockbuster offer we couldn't refuse. 

Just want to know how all the talking heads are going to explain this away if Rodgers does show up and play under his current deal with no adjustments?

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Probably in the minority here but I was hoping he'd stay away so Love could get more reps.

I'd rather he get his *** to camp so we can put this **** show behind us.
Love is QB #2 - he'll get plenty of reps.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd rather he get his *** to camp so we can put this **** show behind us.
Love is QB #2 - he'll get plenty of reps.

Sadly, I don't see this **** show ending until he's traded to be honest! He loves the attention and drama!