Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sadly, I don't see this **** show ending until he's traded to be honest! He loves the attention and drama! 

Disagree. The feedback to the media outlets (and AR) that keep this thing going with continued innocuous comments will be fierce.

IMO the fans have had enough and we should strongly voice our discontent at being played to any media outlets that just cant quit the habit.

He's played his cards - he's in camp - he's QB1 - perhaps there's gonna be some sort of contract changes - so shut up and play.

Enough's enough.

Edited by Leader

Aaron great win. Does this affect your feelings about next year with the Packers ?

Aaron tough loss. Does this affect your feelings about next year with the Packers ?

Aaron Gute bought a car not made in the U.S. Does this affect your feelings about next year with the Packers ?

It's gonna be a long season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Aaron great win. Does this affect your feelings about next year with the Packers ?
Aaron tough loss. Does this affect your feelings about next year with the Packers ?
Aaron Gute bought a car not made in the U.S. Does this affect your feelings about next year with the Packers ?

That would be viewed for exactly what it is: trolling the fans. Contract disputes (or whatever this was....) dont have everlasting lives. The AR situation isnt a first of its kind.

14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I saw him drive away in a Range Rover after beating Seattle in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

National media, it's a different story.  But there aren't national media after every camp practice, or at every mid-week thing.  I'm not sure the local media want MLF or Rodgers constantly ticked at them.  Or not being able to ask questions that won't get answers and don't feel their own daily stories.  So I think to large degree, the interaction with the regular Wisconsin media people won't be that crazy.  Yes, for sure they're obligated to ask when things open up.  But once things get rolling, I don't think it will be that bad?  

I expect MLF and Aaron will have standard stock put-off answers pretty quickly. 

I think it's going to depend a lot on how the season itself goes, of course.  If they're winning, it will be a lot easier to give focused-on-this-championship-season answers.  

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Probably in the minority here but I was hoping he'd stay away so Love could get more reps. Was also hoping while he was away we got a blockbuster offer we couldn't refuse. 

Just want to know how all the talking heads are going to explain this away if Rodgers does show up and play under his current deal with no adjustments?

No.

This is probably the last chance we get to compete properly for a title for a while. I wanted the offence out there training camp to prepare properly for the season. You can't do that without your QB.

Mildly amused by the circus - something to talk about. But now its training camp, different story, need the team there to prepare for the last shot at it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Outside of Love, I’m hoping Stokes impresses. If GB can get average to above average CB 2 play on a consistent basis, the defense is going to be a problem for offenses. It’s so talent rich. 

When is the last time you felt this good about the talent we have on defense?

It feels like new territory for me.  We've got a great mix of high end vets (Z, Kenny, Amos), really good young players who should be ready to elevate to difference maker status (Gary, Savage), rookies with potential (Stokes, Slaton and Charles), role players (King, Lowry, Preston) and Alexander, whom I have no classification for.  Maybe young and elite.  Then you add in 2nd year ILB's with some experience, and I think it is a very good looking defensive squad.

Edited by vegas492

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

When is the last time you felt this good about the talent we have on defense?

It feels like new territory for me.  We've got a great mix of high end vets (Z, Kenny, Amos), really good young players who should be ready to elevate to difference maker status (Gary, Savage), rookies with potential (Stokes, Slaton and Charles), role players (King, Lowry, Preston) and Alexander, whom I have no classification for.  Maybe young and elite.  Then you add in 2nd year ILB's with some experience, and I think it is a very good looking defensive squad.

I’ve said this a couple times , but I truly believe this can be the best defense Rodgers has played with . 

I know the SB squad was special , I think this D can be too.

I think it’ll come down to if Barry will put his players in the best position to succeed. 

If Gary plays like he did last season , but with more snaps, that gives us two absolute studs on the edge with Z. Two elite tier talents . I think Gary’s ceiling is as high as anyone’s, and if he improves by a half step, it’s a terrifying edge group. 

If Preston Smith splits the difference between 2019 and 2020 that gives GB 3 legit guys. Preston was out of shape last year. In mini camp he looked a lot better. 

I think Darnell is going to take the next step. One of the better safeties the second half . If he plays like that all year, he’s gonna be great. 

I’m not a Kevin King hater. We’ve seen him play very good football . I think the contract year messed up his head ,and he was thinking too much about not getting hurt. If I’m a coach , I’m saying to him that this is his last chance to earn a descent contract and he’s not good enough to not give 100%. We don’t need Kevin King to be great. We need him to be consistent. I’m hoping Barry allows King to do what he’s good at and not what he’s not. 

We have Stokes as an insurance policy. Maybe he’s ready day 1, I doubt it but there’s a chance . And if he isn’t , he may be ready at the end of the year. 

Our run defense was frustrating and I’m not an Xs and Os guy, but what I’ve read and heard is that it was Pettine’s personnel and formation that was an issue. I think TJ Slaton is going to make an incredible impact . I really don’t care if he gives us any pass rush this year. If he can just occupy space and blockers that allows Kenny to be more disruptive, that’s a big positive from last year. 

I believe we’ve heard already that Barry plans to move Kenny around the line, which I am very happy for . I want Barry to treat him like Aaron Donald. 

Amos and Jaire are both blue chip players, not much to say there. 

Maybe Barry can get the most out of our young ILBs like he did with Middleton in LA. 

It’s a well put together defense, I hope MLF made the right choice as coach .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, craig said:

National media, it's a different story.  But there aren't national media after every camp practice, or at every mid-week thing.  I'm not sure the local media want MLF or Rodgers constantly ticked at them.  Or not being able to ask questions that won't get answers and don't feel their own daily stories.  So I think to large degree, the interaction with the regular Wisconsin media people won't be that crazy.  Yes, for sure they're obligated to ask when things open up.  But once things get rolling, I don't think it will be that bad?  

I expect MLF and Aaron will have standard stock put-off answers pretty quickly. 

I think it's going to depend a lot on how the season itself goes, of course.  If they're winning, it will be a lot easier to give focused-on-this-championship-season answers.  

Fortunately/unfortunately the Packers have at least six national/primetime games this year. Likely a lot of "Games of the Week".

It will be the narrative that won't die.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Is the first official practice tomorrow?

Be good to actually start talking about what the players are doing on the field. 

Are you kidding me?  This is the most active this forum has been since free agency when we landed 2 Smiths, an Amos and a Turner!

Just now, vegas492 said:

Are you kidding me?  This is the most active this forum has been since free agency when we landed 2 Smiths, an Amos and a Turner!

I wasn't here for that so I'll take your word for it. 

I want to hear about some young guy coming out of nowhere who is going to be the next Jayron Elliott! LOL