Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

From reading the article....Myers, Newman and Van Lanen have all looked good.  Add that Runyan and we have a nice set of young players to be developed.

Only issue?  They are interior players, unless Van Lanen can flip outside.

We really need to draft a pure tackle next year, maybe even two of them.  Or strongly consider flipping Jenkins outside after this season.

But you gotta love it when you back end lineman are looking good!

Not sure why not Heflin over Lancaster.  If they both can anchor and play the run, Heflin should be younger and shown more pass rush stuff.  

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

From reading the article....Myers, Newman and Van Lanen have all looked good.  Add that Runyan and we have a nice set of young players to be developed.

We really need to draft a pure tackle next year, maybe even two of them.  Or strongly consider flipping Jenkins outside after this season.

Not sure why not Heflin over Lancaster.  If they both can anchor and play the run, Heflin should be younger and shown more pass rush stuff.  

I wouldn't call CVL an OG. He moves extremely well even for a OT. If he adds some mass + strength he definitely has a shot at OT and I suspect he's going to get all his snaps there until he falls on his face.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Heflin is listed about 10 pounds lighter than Lancaster, so not sure about his anchor. He does show more pass rush though. As far as being an anchor though, that role is likely to be taken by Slaton, so Packers might not be looking for that so much from Heflin. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I wouldn't call CVL an OG. He moves extremely well even for a OT. If he adds some mass + strength he definitely has a shot at OT and I suspect he's going to get all his snaps there until he falls on his face.

Van Lanen.  Hasn't he practiced and played more at guard?

I thought he could play tackle in the NFL when he came out.

27 snaps at left guard in the game.  26 at right tackle.

I'd love it if they just made him a tackle, but like you said, he needs some quality mass and strength to really be pro ready.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Van Lanen.  Hasn't he practiced and played more at guard?

I thought he could play tackle in the NFL when he came out.

27 snaps at left guard in the game.  26 at right tackle.

I'd love it if they just made him a tackle, but like you said, he needs some quality mass and strength to really be pro ready.  

Hadnt realized he took snaps at OG, too. But I'd groom him for RT long term for sure. He could legit be a stud if he buys in and gets coached up I think.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:
I think this kid is making it. He’s noticeable out there. 

Best way I describe how I feel about Heflin is comparing him to getting a 2021 Nissan Sentra after I traded in my 2018 Nissan Sentra (Lancaster). At least it gets good gas mileage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl  -  

Kamal Martin cut
Daniel Crawford cut
Ka’dar Hollman traded = 82 players on the roster.

Packers have to be at 80 by 3:00 CST tomorrow.

Who did we trade Hollman to and what did we get? A bucket of KFC? 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Who did we trade Hollman to and what did we get? A bucket of KFC? 

Bears trade Anthony Miller to Texans, opening the door for the Packers to trade for Randall Cobb. And now the Packers are getting the seventh-round pick that came along with Miller from Chicago in the trade sending Ka'dar Hollman to Houston.