Jump to content

Davante Adams ends extension talk with Packers. Will he leave?


Recommended Posts

Yikes not a good offseason for the Packers. They already have a lot to handle with the Rodgers situation. At least the Bucks won the championship though. 😂 

Edited by Blackstar12
Link to post
Share on other sites

MLF's offense doesn't put a premium on WRs and the front office isn't likely to entertain paying him more than Hopkins who broke the market being 5 mil ahead of everyone. He's about as good as gone honestly. I expect him and Rodgers to be here for this season but it's truly a farewell.


End of an era here for sure. Most of us have embraced it.

Edited by Rodjahs12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah tough to see him returning to the Packers at this point...I don't have much confidence in Love but time will tell obviously. After this year it could the Bears division for years to come if Fields hits. Not a Bears fan or anything but good for them for being aggressive and trying to get their franchise QB

Vikings are usually always well run but we all know a Cousins lead team has a ceiling

Lions are Lions unless Campbell and company are the real deal. I do believe his "tough guy" attitude or whatever you want to call it will work at first and they might rattle off some surprise wins but I don't know about long term especially when they go on a losing streak. Adding John Dorsey as a Personnel Executive is a nice move IMO

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Can they afford to tag him next year? I thought they were in cap hell for '22. 

if they trade Rodgers they could save about 25 mil in 2022

14 mil in dead money goes with that but... still 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not news lol

You know who else broke off extension talks with GB? Literally every player they've ever extended.

Obvious agent leak to try to gain leverage is obvious.

That being said, no way I want to make Adams the highest paid WR anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is not news lol

You know who else broke off extension talks with GB? Literally every player they've ever extended.

Obvious agent leak to try to gain leverage is obvious.

That being said, no way I want to make Adams the highest paid WR anyway. 

Then you are going to lose him. This is how FA works, whoever is up next becomes the highest paid

Another classic example of GB fans not knowing how good they have it

If I am a GB fan I would not have confidence in their ability to draft and develop WRs

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, N4L said:

Another classic example of GB fans not knowing how good they have it

*young GB fans.

The 40+ crowd realize they've been riding a gravy train and take it all with a smile. 

 

But I don't get this. Organizationally, if you want to avoid spending draft picks on WRs that's fine, but that comes with then having to extend your best players at those positions if you get one. Unless it's RB, you can't just completely punt the position.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Then you are going to lose him. This is how FA works, whoever is up next becomes the highest paid

Another classic example of GB fans not knowing how good they have it

If I am a GB fan I would not have confidence in their ability to draft and develop WRs

What a stupid post full of dumb assumptions and adorned with smarminess.

no schit it means he might walk. That's what I said I was ok with. I understand perfectly how FA works. Does every fan of every team that ever has a FA leave for another team "not know how good they have it"?

and then you include a point that literally undercuts itself. You state that you know Davante (a WR drafted and developed by GB) is likely to be the highest paid WR (because he's one of the best WRs in the league) and then say you wouldn't have confidence in GBs ability to...draft and develop a WR?

Edited by incognito_man
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But I don't get this. Organizationally, if you want to avoid spending draft picks on WRs that's fine, but that comes with then having to extend your best players at those positions if you get one. Unless it's RB, you can't just completely punt the position.

This is exactly right. If you arent going to draft WRs with premium picks, then you need to pay the ones you have who have produced on the field, especially if the plan is to go to a rookie QB in 2022

Its like the 49ers with Trent Williams. We decided to draft Javon Kinlaw at DT rather than take tristan wirfs, which meant we had to make TW the highest paid LT in the league. We couldnt just let the mid 30s elite player we had walk and were basically forced into a corner with that deal.

 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What a stupid post full of dumb assumptions and adorned with smarminess.

no schit it means he might walk. That's what I said I was ok with. I understand perfectly how FA works. Does every fan of every team that ever has a FA leave for another team "not know how good they have it"?

and then you include a point that literally undercuts itself. You state that you know Davante (a WR drafted and developed by GB) is likely to be the highest paid WR (because he's one of the best WRs in the league) and then say you wouldn't have confidence in GBs ability to...draft and develop a WR?

This post is dripping with tiny cok energy. Absolutely repugnant response from a self centered know it all who claims to be holier than thou, while making counter claims about others smarminess. Look in the freakin mirror 

 

1) Davante was drafted by Ted Thompson

2) Ted thompson also drafted guys like Randal Cobb, Jordy nelson, etc

3) Since ted thompson has left, GB has not drafted/signed a WR worth a damn

So my previous point about GBs inability to add WRs to pair with Davante Adams actually seems to be pretty damn relevant, and does nothing to undercut the two overall points I am making: 

1) Green bays current regime has not done anything to warrant faith in their ability to add WR talent to the roster

2) Incognito man must be a recluse, pompous jerkoff who has no other joys in life than to insult posters on a football forum who dont share in his delusions regarding green bay's present predicaments

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

So they resign their running back (Jones) with a new contract, spend a 2nd on another running back (Dillon) who can't catch, then are ready to let their QB and WR leave?

I... I guess that's one way to prepare for Life after Rodgers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...