Davante Adams ends extension talk with Packers. Will he leave?

ACO

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is exactly right. If you arent going to draft WRs with premium picks, then you need to pay the ones you have who have produced on the field, especially if the plan is to go to a rookie QB in 2022

Its like the 49ers with Trent Williams. We decided to draft Javon Kinlaw at DT rather than take tristan wirfs, which meant we had to make TW the highest paid LT in the league. We couldnt just let the mid 30s elite player we had walk and were basically forced into a corner with that deal.

This post is dripping with tiny cok energy. Absolutely repugnant response from a self centered know it all who claims to be holier than thou, while making counter claims about others smarminess. Look in the freakin mirror 

1) Davante was drafted by Ted Thompson

2) Ted thompson also drafted guys like Randal Cobb, Jordy nelson, etc

3) Since ted thompson has left, GB has not drafted/signed a WR worth a damn

So my previous point about GBs inability to add WRs to pair with Davante Adams actually seems to be pretty damn relevant, and does nothing to undercut the two overall points I am making: 

1) Green bays current regime has not done anything to warrant faith in their ability to add WR talent to the roster

2) Incognito man must be a recluse, pompous jerkoff who has no other joys in life than to insult posters on a football forum who dont share in his delusions regarding green bay's present predicaments

Yikes lol

You literally insulted an entire fanbase based on your own inability to comprehend a response that had absolutely nothing to do with you. You felt the need to reply to me and serve up an elementary insult and then double down with this... revealing commentary about yourself.

Maybe plan a beach day with a friend or something...

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its like the 49ers with Trent Williams. We decided to draft Javon Kinlaw at DT rather than take tristan wirfs, which meant we had to make TW the highest paid LT in the league. We couldnt just let the mid 30s elite player we had walk and were basically forced into a corner with that deal.

It's just part of the puzzle NFL teams have to solve. This is why everyone who signs a new deal is the highest paid player at their position at that moment. They're all irreplaceable based on the other decisions the team made at the time, so they get paid like they're irreplaceable.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So they resign their running back (Jones) with a new contract, spend a 2nd on another running back (Dillon) who can't catch, then are ready to let their QB and WR leave?

I... I guess that's one way to prepare for Life after Rodgers.

Dillon is an excellent receiving back, for starters. MLFs offense is centered around the RBs, TEs and WR ability to block.

MVS is like in the top 5 or 10 percentile on a lot of efficiency stats for young WRs starting their careers. He has the dropsies (just like Davante did early in his career, too). 

The focus on building the OL, backfield and TE group is pretty evident. With or without Rodgers. 

Obviously having Davante on your team makes you a better team in a vacuum, but the value in having a HC from the Shanny tree is that you don't have to spend as many resources at the WR position (and can then spend them elsewhere and improve the team OVERALL).

The results speak for themselves. GB offense has been humming under LaFleur.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The results speak for themselves. GB offense has been humming under LaFleur.

An interesting perspective, and I can understand why you would choose to have this mindset, especially in light of Rodgers recently.

But, and hear me out... couldn't you say this statement: "GB offense has been humming under Rodgers" and be just as accurate, if not more? We have yet to see the offense without Rodgers.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Can they just trade him to the Raiders already?? Or is this gonna be delayed till the offseason 

This. 

That said, what do you think the deal looks like? And any chance Carr ends up on a different team, with Rodgers/Adams in Vegas?

Or does Adams get packaged with Rodgers to the Broncos instead (and I would assume the Packers get Jeudy or Sutton as part of the deal back).

36 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

An interesting perspective, and I can understand why you would choose to have this mindset, especially in light of Rodgers recently.

But, and hear me out... couldn't you say this statement: "GB offense has been humming under Rodgers" and be just as accurate, if not more? We have yet to see the offense without Rodgers.

Yes, of course. Rodgers has been playing MUCH better under MLF than the seasons prior. The combination of MLF and Rodgers ability is the reason GB has a top 1-2 offense. 

Replacing any player/coach with someone less good will result in inferior results. However, this has NEVER been about Rodgers vs Love, who is better (and those who reduce it to that have only an elementary understanding of the situation). The interesting question has always been: which option is better between (1) 38-40 yr old Rodgers OR (2) Love, 3+ first round draft picks, $40million in cap space to spend elsewhere on the team.

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This. 

That said, what do you think the deal looks like? And any chance Carr ends up on a different team, with Rodgers/Adams in Vegas?

Or does Adams get packaged with Rodgers to the Broncos instead (and I would assume the Packers get Jeudy or Sutton as part of the deal back).

I think a Adams trade to the Raiders is like a first and 2nd round pick. Diggs went to the Bills for a first and 4th. 

Maybe the Packers get a little more but I would say 1st and 2nd would be the ground works. 

Raiders trade for Adams to put him back with Carr. 

Adams and Waller on the same offense would be just dirty 

Edited by agarcia34

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I distinctly remember someone criticizing me for saying the way the Packers treat their stars is a problem. Hmmmmm....

they were right

GB has almost certainly extended far more of their star players than any other organization over the last 20 years. In fact, the valid criticism is that, if anything, the GB Front Office was TOO loyal (to the detriment of product on the field) to their players/staff.

Edited by incognito_man

will bump this thread during the bye week when GB inevitably extends Davante to something like: 

4 yrs / $110 million with a breakdown like:

SB: $30mil

'22 Y1B: $7mil || Cap Hit: $14.5mil

'23 Y2B: $19mil || Cap Hit: $26.5mil

'24 Y3B: $21mil || Cap Hit: $28.5mil

'25 Y4B: $33mil || Dead Cap: $7.5mil

Take Home Money for Davante:

Y1 - $37 mil

Y2 - $19 mil

Y3 - $21 mil

"Practical Guarantee" of $67 mil (highest in NFL for WR)

"AAY" of $27.5 mil (highest in NFL for WR)

but in reality a 3yr deal at $22.3 mil/year with a lower Y1 cap hit and balloons a bit in 2023 when cap increases and Rodgers is likely gone

This is all just agent leakage right now. I'm still not sure I want to throw a record deal at Davante, but there's enough wiggle space in wildly increasing cap in '23, and Rodgers off the books (likely) that I suspect it gets done (likely it typically does with GB's star players).

End of an era for GB. No way Rodgers is comming back and put in any effort with Adams gone.

He might suit up and throw balls but if he does he's going to be protecting himself above all even when it means losing games. If I was a Pack fan I'd be praying Love was the right pick or else it's going to be back to pre-Farve obscurity.

53 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This. 

I would think Adams to the Raiders for first rounder plus a little something more, then Rodgers to Denver for their first plus more. Then Raiders Broncos need to beat Mahomes and maybe Herbert or those are now premium picks. I would think it’s in GB interest to make their old players rivals to maximize returns.