Davante Adams ends extension talk with Packers. Will he leave?

ACO

Just now, Les Punting said:

Adams has never stated his actual contract demands. All we know is that he wanted to be "close" to the highest paid WR in AAV, and why shouldn't he? He's the best WR in the game. Despite a long negotiation they apparently made almost no progress. Apparently, GB wasn't willing to make the best WR in the game close to the top paid.

How much could they have been apart 3-4M/yr tops? The cap is set to rise significantly in the coming years, but GB still wasn't willing to get any closer to his number, adding another ~10M over 5 years? 

That's not a serious negotiation, it's lowballing.

Look at the top ranked WRs in terms of AAV.  Better yet, I'll provide a link.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/

DeAndre Hopkins signed a 2 year deal.  Keenan Allen signed a 4 year deal.  Amari Cooper signed a 6 year deal.  Michael Thomas signed a 5 year deal.  See the reoccurring theme?  If you want a high AAV, you're sacrificing years.  If you want more years, you sacrifice AAV.  It's a pretty simple concept.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

SO youre saying GB resigns him next year? As far as i can tell, only way that gets done is if/when they trade rodgers, would adams even want to sign then?

Like 99% of FAs, Adams will re-sign if GB gives him the bag and I think they will, now that he's reportedly open to negotiation again. 

Doesn't matter the QB. Every offseason is littered with the top free agents signing to bad teams with mediocre QBs. GB fans should know, we lose out on them every year. 

Edited by Isherwood

9 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Like 99% of FAs, Adams will re-sign if GB gives him the bag and I think they will, now that he's reportedly open to negotiation again. 

Doesn't matter the QB. Every offseason is littered with the top free agents signing to bad teams with mediocre QBs. GB fans should know, we lose out on them every year. 

So, you’re saying all fa’s care about is money essentially but then say he’ll resign with GB who consistently miss out on high dollar free agents….

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So, you’re saying all fa’s care about is money essentially but then say he’ll resign with GB who consistently miss out on high dollar free agents….

I'm saying he will get paid like Bak and Kenny Clark did. GB treats their own differently than outside FAs, and I believe they will make him either the highest paid or near highest paid WR. I merely brought up GB losing out on FAs because it's usually a lesser team with a lesser QB signing them, illustrating the point that money talks. JJ Watt didn't go to Arizona because he thought they were a Super Bowl contender in that division, no matter what he said. That's how the vast majority of these deals go. 

So yes, I think they will show this particular man the money.