Camp & Pre-Season | News and Notes

Dcash4

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

My love for Muth is an irrational and irresponsible one....dude's gonna be special*

*Hopefully, at least, for my sake

Alex Korza has it on twitter, but he's posted the highest catch percent in all the camps he's been to.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000532355393

If anyone is interested in learning more about why our offense stunk at the end of the year and why it’s a really, really good thing Fitchner was replaced with a modern thought process guy…give this a listen. 

I was listening while I was cutting grass so I don’t have the real stats written down, but when they talk about the Steelers we were just so damn predictable — even when incorporating more modern concepts. 

Like being 4th in RPO’s, but no running back having over 10 carries in RPO situations or being a league leader in jet motion but only running out of it. That’s the stuff after getting so much data that defenses keyed on. If they know you aren’t running with RPO looks or that you won’t pass with jet motion it stops making that concept relevant.

I am offensive minded, so I liked This whole pod…but the Steelers segment gave me a lot of hope regarding our playcalling. Last year was abysmal…but talent didn’t have as much to do with it. 

Edited by Dcash4

Willing to take the early “L” on touting Etienne over Najee all draft season. Najee looks to be the perfect fit for what we need and look for in a big 3 down RB and Etienne is already down with a serious foot injury.

Definitely underestimated Najee’s receiving ability at his size and also the maturity/intangibles he brings. Obviously I think Etienne will still have a great career (and wish he ended up in a better situation) and you can’t really predict injuries but safe to say I’m happy we ended up with Najee.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Willing to take the early “L” on touting Etienne over Najee all draft season. Najee looks to be the perfect fit for what we need and look for in a big 3 down RB and Etienne is already down with a serious foot injury.

Definitely underestimated Najee’s receiving ability at his size and also the maturity/intangibles he brings. Obviously I think Etienne will still have a great career (and wish he ended up in a better situation) and you can’t really predict injuries but safe to say I’m happy we ended up with Najee.

felt the same way. I wanted Travis over Najee due to Travis having game-breaking speed, but seeing Najee burst and speed in the open against det opened my eyes to that part of his game. He's not as fast as Travis, but he's no slow back either. We'll see some 30+ yard gains from him in rushing/receiving

• Like 1