Camp & Pre-Season | News and Notes

Dcash4

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Rumor I heard on Watt's contract is $160M but rumor only.

I think Tuitt could easily start on the PUP list.  I think he is recovering from his Brother's death and it is weighing him down.

If that $$$ is correct, it falls in line with Garrett and Bosa deals, even more so if it’s over 6 years.

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yeah I’m sorry. Props to Berry for putting on a good camp show but we have been down this road before. In week 2 when he shanks a 29 yard punt when we need to flip the field they would go “oh yeah, THATS why we have tried to replace him for 3 straight years…” 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, warfelg said:

I cant stand Pittsburgh sports media.  Its largely insufferable yinzer hacks who act like they know everything.

Can you do worse than Berry?   Sure...just ask Paul Ernster.   But Harvin has far better potential and has shown enough.   When you spend a draft pick on a punter, you better not cut them unless they are dreadful.   At worse, he has been as good as Berry.

Difference is, we know Berry's play will greatly fluctuate in the regular season.    

Plus, it will be easier to get Berry back than Harvin, if cut.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, grass is always greener, but does Jordan Berry suck as much as JK Scott?

I dont know JK Scott tbh, but Berry is a servicable stop gap until you find a better punter.

Just prepared to be frustrated with his inconsistency, especially later in the season.    He isnt dreadfully bad, but after a year on your roster, youll be eagerly anticipating finding something better.   Steeler fans have been waiting 4 years.   Just hoping Harvin is the answer.