2021 NHL Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

beekay414

So are teams just saying screw it and drafting siblings of players already on the team? 

Expansion draft we have the Fleury bros.

Devils have the Huges brothers.

Chicago has the Dach brothers.

Avs just drafted Cale Makar’s brother.

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

So are teams just saying screw it and drafting siblings of players already on the team? 

Expansion draft we have the Fleury bros.

Devils have the Huges brothers.

Chicago has the Dach brothers.

Avs just drafted Cale Makar’s brother.

The NHL is the biggest good old boys club there is.

They eat this stuff up

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I started getting my hopes up that the Avs might be able to land him in the second just about the time the Islanders took him. 

Lol. 

He's not the prospect people thought he was at 15/16, but I don't think he's as bad of a prospect as people made him out to be after this last year. Honestly, I think this is a huge weight off his shoulders now. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Lol. 

He's not the prospect people thought he was at 15/16, but I don't think he's as bad of a prospect as people made him out to be after this last year. Honestly, I think this is a huge weight off his shoulders now. 

Yeah, it seems like people always tend to over-correct in general. It has been a weird year+ and I think that’ll result in teams getting a steal this go around. Not sure if the pandemic had anything to do with his play, but it affects everyone differently physically and emotionally. 

In way more cool and exciting news; it looks like the Avs 1st rounder scored too. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886o353j88x7ier1viwoz

• Like 1