Training Camp 2021

ReggieCamp

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t really argue any of this, but he IS productive when he plays.  At some point that has to count.

I like him as a fourth guy in the slot out of a 4 wide look. I’m not anti Higgins at all. He’s super productive on third down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t really argue any of this, but he IS productive when he plays.  At some point that has to count.

Yeah the dude is productive. Finds a ways to get open and makes the catches. Out of 90WRs to have 500+ yards, Higgins is 1 of 8 WRs to avg 16yards or more a catch. Dude just knows how to play the position. Explains why he was so good college 

• Like 1

Higgins is ordinary physically, so he was never highly regarded. No way I could find it right now, but I thought that I had read that he was slow to pick up the playbook and would constantly need to told where to line up (in 2019, I think). Dude produces on the field, and he's signed for cheap. No complaints here.

I do like Hodge. Seems to do the little things. Can't explain why he hasn't been more productive at WR, but he is a good ST'er, and everyone (including the coaches) loves him. Would be cool to see him get involved more in the passing game. Again, he's cheap, and we're still suspect on specials, so again, no complaints from me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He gets open with good route running and catches the football with decent size on him. Hes not a height/weight/speed combine darling--but yeah, something has to count for being able to get open and having good hands. He also has extremely good body control.

Hes like a poor mans Michael Thomas.

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

yet he doesn't even dress for some games last year, never really is a starter on a good team, we barely re-sign him. What gives?

Didn't draw any/much/enough interest from any other team in the league, either.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Think this discussion soon will become largely academic if DPJ keeps balling like he is in camp and Schwartz can contribute early as a burner.

The idea of DPJ and Schwartz developing, helps to move on from Landry and OBJ not Higgins tho

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

Good point.

After this year, yes.

But this year they cut into HIggins snaps and targets to develop.

Idk it be hard to stop using Higgins. Pretty sure him and baker have the best connection on the team when you look at QB rating when targetting specific WRs . Sure he isnt dynamtic but he gets first downs and keeps drives alive. 37 catches, he turnes 26 of them into 1st downs. 

I also cant aee Schwartz taking snaps from Higgins. They play the game completely different from one another. Guy like Schwartz would make Higgins even better. Higgins is absolutely money in the intermediate game. You pair him and Schwartz up on the same side and allow that intermediate gamw to open up cause safeties are bailing quick because of Schwartz, we could see Higgins become an efficentcy monster.

DPJ is the true threat to OBJ and Jarvis, dude has the making of a #1 WR. 

44 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

DPJ reminds me a little of Josh Gordon, long strider that covers ground without looking like he is running fast

I haven’t seen enough of him to give a comp, but he’s the complete package physically. If he learns how to play the position he has lower end number 1/high end number 2 ability imo.

49 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

DPJ reminds me a little of Josh Gordon, long strider that covers ground without looking like he is running fast

I don’t see that yet. He seemed kinda slow last year. Maybe straight line fast but his cuts and change of direction wasn’t good. That’s why he looked so bad on returns. 

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t see that yet. He seemed kinda slow last year. Maybe straight line fast but his cuts and change of direction wasn’t good. That’s why he looked so bad on returns. 

He looked like a player who had to think about what he was doing last year rather than just do it, that always makes players look slow

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I haven’t seen enough of him to give a comp, but he’s the complete package physically. If he learns how to play the position he has lower end number 1/high end number 2 ability imo.

What I really liked about him last year was his body control, reminds me a little of Braylon in that regard, who had amazing body control, he just struggled with ego and catching