Training Camp 2021

ReggieCamp

DPJ isn't anything like Josh Gordon. Gordon was much faster and was an every level athlete. DPJ, while early in his career, is best used along the boundary, typically running up the field. He's not beating anybody with his speed, he's doing it with his ability to sell a play and he's great at being in the best position to make a catch.  Additionally, DPJ isn't being sent over the middle unless injury demands it.

DK Metcalf is the closest thing to Gordon there is right now.I love what DPJ has done so far and his potential, but he's not a clone of the best receiver to ever put on a Browns jersey. #based

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

DPJ isn't anything like Josh Gordon. Gordon was much faster and was an every level athlete. DPJ, while early in his career, is best used along the boundary, typically running up the field. He's not beating anybody with his speed, he's doing it with his ability to sell a play and he's great at being in the best position to make a catch.  Additionally, DPJ isn't being sent over the middle unless injury demands it.

DK Metcalf is the closest thing to Gordon there is right now.I love what DPJ has done so far and his potential, but he's not a clone of the best receiver to ever put on a Browns jersey. #based

Josh Gordon made it look so easy.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:32 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Doesnt his best work come on the boundary rather than the slot? 

Higgins is such a strange player, hodge is twice the athlete but half the receiver that higgins. 

He's not a slot receiver at all, not sure why everyone seems to think that.  Watch this highlight video and count how many times he was lined up in the slot or was making catches near the hash marks, I got to 5 combined.  He's Joe Jurevicious 2.0 and while I don't fully understand why he wasn't dressing at times last year he's a great player to have at your disposal when you run multiple WR sets because he can line up as the X receiver on the backside and be productive.  I'd also be surprised if Higgins has work ethic issues, for an NFL WR he's hardly a gifted athlete so he must be putting in work in order to get where he is.  On the Thomahawk podcast Hawkins told a story about Higgins' rookie year how he would always show up early and stay late for film sessions that Hawk was hosting at his house which I think speaks to his character.  I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the roster because he's really only competing with OBJ and DPJ for reps on the outside in multiple WR looks and I think we can carry all 3 guys easily.

• Like 1

If he isnt going to play, it makes our defensive line group look a lot different. 

Clayborone is still out there and he can put in a few good rushes, Vernon could be ready by years end. 

Steve Smith the reciever came back from an achilles and played reasonably well, rehab approaches have changed and people are making stronger recoveries. They are getting people moving days after surgery, with older techniques of letting it heal in a boot, what was happening was the tendons were shortening reducing speed.

37 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

After Allen’s deal, this is absolutely what I’d do. Let Baker prove it this year, and when he does, grab the Vaseline, smile, and embrace the blank check. Otherwise, if he doesn’t (he will), the core roster is intact and setup to be super competitive and for Baker’s deficiencies to be minimized.

• Like 3

I know I have said this many times but there are several factors that are going to come into play when it comes to Bakers Deal...…

1. I highly doubt that the Jarvis and Odell money will be on the books when it comes time to re up baker, after this season I think that they are going to either be gone or they will have to restructure. I think the same will go for someone like Hooper.

2. The new TV money imo is going to raise the salary cap substantially so we will have more room to sign a contract that its most likely going to take to sign baker to and not kill the cap.

3.  Berry has been a Cap wizard in the way of wording and putting clauses in peoples contracts, that is beneficial to both the player as well as the team, I don't think this will change

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I highly doubt that the Jarvis and Odell money will be on the books when it comes time to re up baker, after this season I think that they are going to either be gone or they will have to restructure. I think the same will go for someone like Hooper.

What I would do:

Let go of OBJ + Jarvis. I think Higgins can come close to replacing Jarvis and be significantly cheaper.

Draft OBJs replacement. Use a 1st or 2nd if necessary.