Training Camp 2021

ReggieCamp

4 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I agree about the defense. I believe we lose in KC and then get rolling. The D probably won't hide their stride until half way thru the season. Patience is required, need to remember just how bad they were last year.

Excellent point

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I agree about the defense. I believe we lose in KC and then get rolling. The D probably won't hide their stride until half way thru the season. Patience is required, need to remember just how bad they were last year.

Why is that? 

KC has absolutely nothing on film of what they like to do. We aren’t running the same defense as last year and they will have no idea what kind of stunts the DL will run with Garrett and Clowney. We just saw Mahomes get absolutely rattled when he got destroyed by a 4 man pressure and that could happen again. Browns have a chance

also defenses don’t need these huge learning curves. Defense is more so about being able to recognize the play, line up properly, and react. There is a lot of truth why defenses usually dominate early in camps and early practices because there is less learning less timing to worry about and etc. it’s about reading and reacting.

its not like we are breaking In guys who just showed up here a week ago. Guys have been here, been in meetings, and been at practice.

if this was a first year in the offense, I would be concerned or if we had new starters on offense, I would be concerned by the lack of Preseason snaps but this is an offense returning every contributor last year

17 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Disagree, Browns 34-17. We are starting to show we do well with bounce backs, we had a whole offseason to stew over this loss

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Disagree, Browns 34-17. We are starting to show we do well with bounce backs, we had a whole offseason to stew over this loss

Despite whatever logic we have in our favor, I am not going to bet on the Browns in an opener until I see it happen.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2021 at 8:09 PM, mtmmike said:

Excellent point

The combination ofJok,Clowney, and Johnson figure to raise the defense to top 10.

When Greedy,Delpit,and Tarvaris play with 100 percent health we figure to be the best defense in the Afc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

The combination ofJok,Clowney, and Johnson figure to raise the defense to top 10.

When Greedy,Delpit,and Tarvaris play with 100 percent health we figure to be the best defense in the Afc.

hype. 

Best defense vs the pass in 2021. 

11 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Jk dobbins injury is why I say they should keep the starters in street clothes tomorrow.

Yeah man.  I’ll never understand risking starters for exhibition games.

”they need reps”….. dafuq you think practice is for?  It’s not like these dudes just started playing football 2 months ago.

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah man.  I’ll never understand risking starters for exhibition games.

”they need reps”….. dafuq you think practice is for?  It’s not like these dudes just started playing football 2 months ago.

I understand getting players real play reps and injuries can happen anytime but I do think playing JK in every preseason game, or anyone you project as a starter is an unnecessary risk.

Then again the Ravens care about the final score of preseason games much more than anyone else, it's why they have won like 20 in a row.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I understand getting players real play reps and injuries can happen anytime but I do think playing JK in every preseason game, or anyone you project as a starter is an unnecessary risk.

Then again the Ravens care about the final score of preseason games much more than anyone else, it's why they have won like 20 in a row.

I just think you can get those reps in practices in a much more controlled environment 

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just think you can get those reps in practices in a much more controlled environment 

Yeah, you can. There will also be guys hurt week 1 that people will say could be prevented with more reps in preseason. Don't know if it's true, you certainly can't prove it.

If they want to slow down these ACL/MCL type injuries you have to hurt the product a bit and change cleats. It makes sense to me that if it's an even playing field there shouldn't be a problem, the game would just look a bit less dynamic but cleats wouldn't be getting caught in turf and ending seasons at the rate that they do now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I understand your point, but what happens if a guy gets hurt week 1?

”hE dIDn’T ADjuSt 2 conTacT” or speed or whatever…

I mean, that’s an opinion, but is there any data to back that up?

These teams have highly paid nerds whose sole job is compiling and applying data for this stuff.  I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we have an analytics heavy FO and our key guys are resting.

And a lot of injuries aren’t really training issues.  You can’t prepare an acl injury away, it’s just a freaky thing.  Things like soft tissue injuries by and large are a result of overtraining/use than the opposite iirc.

• Like 1