QB Deshaun Watson reports to Texans camp

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How will it help Culley get the other 89 guys and coaches to buy in?

Let's remember that about 60 of those 89 guys/coaches are all new to the franchise. Not really a lot of holdovers from the original team - and it's not like anyone on this talent-deprived team isn't expendable at this point. Everyone is on the block, nobody (save for maybe Larmey Tunsil, simply because of his contract) is guaranteed a roster spot.

It's a distraction, sure - but it's not like this current iteration of the Texans has any plans on winning.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Let's remember that about 60 of those 89 guys/coaches are all new to the franchise. Not really a lot of holdovers from the original team - and it's not like anyone on this talent-deprived team isn't expendable at this point. Everyone is on the block, nobody (save for maybe Larmey Tunsil, simply because of his contract) is guaranteed a roster spot.

It's a distraction, sure - but it's not like this current iteration of the Texans has any plans on winning.

But they should at least pretend the goal is to win. You don’t want guys mailing it in before the season even starts.

• 1 month later...

Whats the deal with the NFL on watson. How come Goodell hasn't stepped in and put him on the exempt list yet? Under the rules for players he is under investigation why is he still able to play as of right now? What do the texans do with him if Goodell and the NFL do not step in before cut day? He has shown up to offseason practice so they cant put him on the exempt/ did not report list. No team is going to touch him in a trade with this currently going on and the texans seem to have a game plan without him

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Whats the deal with the NFL on watson. How come Goodell hasn't stepped in and put him on the exempt list yet? Under the rules for players he is under investigation why is he still able to play as of right now? What do the texans do with him if Goodell and the NFL do not step in before cut day? He has shown up to offseason practice so they cant put him on the exempt/ did not report list. No team is going to touch him in a trade with this currently going on and the texans seem to have a game plan without him

I think we're all collectively asking the same question.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, soflbillsfan said:

23 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think we're all collectively asking the same question.

23 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

That sucks, just dont get why Goodell hasnt stepped in and made things right. He continues to prove a monkey can do his job. 

There wasnt a need to up until this point. I would bet they do it before games start though.

I dont buy these reports. Florios was pure speculation ("teams not involved believe...." give me a break) and it seems like other news agencies are just running with the headline

Negotiating pick protections based on the wide array of outcomes of Watson's case is extremely complicated

There is also a wide range of pick values based on seasonal outcomes of teams

With that much variance in outcomes on both sides of the deal, this close to the season, I think its basically impossible that a deal gets done

Nothing to see here.... 

• Like 3