Chandler Jones requests trade

LinderFournette

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

the NFL brings this upon itself by having non-guaranteed contracts. teams can end them unilaterally once guarantees are done, but players are stuck in them no matter what. you dont see players in the NBA demanding new contracts like this (or at least not frequently)

Maybe players should negotiate for more guarantees and less overall avg per year.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Maybe players should negotiate for more guarantees and less overall avg per year.

The more years the more flexibility a team has year to year. That’s why the salary cap is a myth. A 3 year 50M fully guaranteed contract works players but not teams. A 6 year 90M 50M guaranteed contract is better for teams. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

The more years the more flexibility a team has year to year. That’s why the salary cap is a myth. A 3 year 50M fully guaranteed contract works players but not teams. A 6 year 90M 50M guaranteed contract is better for teams. 

Sure.  If players want more guaranteed contract, the average per year is going to go down.  

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mr. Look at me JJ Watt gonna have to bring the pressure all by himself if they move Jones. 

I doubt they bite. 

IMO I comes down to the results of private conversation between Arizona and Chandler. As he is an older (albeit elite) player in the final year of his contract, it would be silly for Arizona not to trade him for good compensation if they know he isn't gonna re-sign. It really comes down to whether there is mutual interest between Chandler and Arizona in an extension. If not, he's gone to the highest bidder.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Uh, ok.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear. The percentage of base formations used on every snap is a lot lower now. There is almost always an extra nickelback in on most downs at the very least. But yeah, teams will still go to a base 4-3/3-4 at times. Just not a squad's bread and butter anymore.