Running with the Wolves Mafia - N6 game ends - Hellhounds win!

Tk3

Some thoughts

• rng REALLY, REALLY benefited the hellhounds. Like, REALLY benefitted them. Through 2 days, there could have been 6 dreams. Due to other deaths there were only 4, but Josh showed up twice, Matts showed up zero, Nacho was immune, and Swoosh was on nearly everything. Orca was also on a list that wasn't revealed. It kept them utr, and by the time they got on the radar, a few town were so tunneled that they had a real chance
  • cult REALLY, REALLY missed opportunities. They did well to eliminate certain individuals as conversion targets - but there was a point where they had like 7 possible names, 4 were convertible, 3 were not, and on 3 consecutive days they tried the wrong 3
  • it was supposed to become obvious pretty early that there were no traditional power roles. It was ONLY dreamers. I don't understand why nobody tried to fake a dream. Scum should have done it (Nacho was a safe bet to do so), to try to keep pressure off of Josh, and cult should have tried it to keep pressure off of Swoosh (and to PUT pressure onto the people they KNEW were scum - matts and nacho)
  • A couple vanila civs figured out the basis of the game impressively early - then disregarded everything they figured out and made really bad decisions. The guy who said "there are no roles, its only dreamers" then flipped off of scum because scum claimed doctor
  • Nacho is obviously MVP.. He (along with Josh), pushed the most critical vote off of Josh and onto Squire. The longer scum stayed intact was critical for them. He also pushed the Matts vote onto someone else twice. But Nacho also played from a position of protection the entire game.
  • TL would have been my MVP if town had pulled it off. Maybe the best rookie game I've ever seen? He lacked the ability to truly get the group on his side (technically he did the final night, but Scoundrel inexplicably flipped onto Orca and took it to OT instead of keeping the vote). But TL legit took a game where town was not even in the same ballpark of the truth, and he turned it into two very close votes that would have corrected the game
  • Dreams were important, especially at the beginning - but at the end, you still have to be critical about what you're seeing in front of you. If there are 6 people left, and only 1 main-scum has been voted out, and you know there is an other, then you know the ratio has to be 3-2-1 or 2-2-2. In either case going after blue won't help you. You HAVE to go after red at that point

Overall very fun. Hope you guys enjoyed it. I really wanted to know what would happen with ridiculous data dumps. Not quite what I expected, but still fun to watch from the outside

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

nah you switching to matts and suddenly ignoring dreams was a huge shift.

wouldn't ahve happened if you weren't converted.

I never ignored dreams completely. I said I bet there was some degree of manipulation to them. Which there was. You couldn't show up on dreams up to a certain point. I think it was Malf who first brought that up and after he died, I made a few posts about that. 

And wasn't Matts on bcb's dream line anyway?

Just now, squire12 said:

@Malfatronhow much more clear do you neeyou claim to be? 

I figured mafia would fake dreams too (i would).

you were being all coy and stuff

regardless, i had josh on lock until nacho tagged me back in to vote you the last second.

and due to karma, my nsfl team won. so no regrets

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well I feel way better about voting nothing but Orca and swoosh the first couple phases now 

Sticking to your guns early was 100% the correct thing to do. You had your information and you were playing your odds.

At the end - it was the wrong approach.

Firstly, with 6 players left (5 once you exclude yourself) and 3 are non-town... then your list doesn't matter anymore. Any combination of those 5 players will give you at least one scum. So at that point you have to trust your eyes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Some thoughts

• rng REALLY, REALLY benefited the hellhounds. Like, REALLY benefitted them. Through 2 days, there could have been 6 dreams. Due to other deaths there were only 4, but Josh showed up twice, Matts showed up zero, Nacho was immune, and Swoosh was on nearly everything. Orca was also on a list that wasn't revealed. It kept them utr, and by the time they got on the radar, a few town were so tunneled that they had a real chance
  • cult REALLY, REALLY missed opportunities. They did well to eliminate certain individuals as conversion targets - but there was a point where they had like 7 possible names, 4 were convertible, 3 were not, and on 3 consecutive days they tried the wrong 3
  • it was supposed to become obvious pretty early that there were no traditional power roles. It was ONLY dreamers. I don't understand why nobody tried to fake a dream. Scum should have done it (Nacho was a safe bet to do so), to try to keep pressure off of Josh, and cult should have tried it to keep pressure off of Swoosh (and to PUT pressure onto the people they KNEW were scum - matts and nacho)
  • A couple vanila civs figured out the basis of the game impressively early - then disregarded everything they figured out and made really bad decisions. The guy who said "there are no roles, its only dreamers" then flipped off of scum because scum claimed doctor
  • Nacho is obviously MVP.. He (along with Josh), pushed the most critical vote off of Josh and onto Squire. The longer scum stayed intact was critical for them. He also pushed the Matts vote onto someone else twice. But Nacho also played from a position of protection the entire game.
  • TL would have been my MVP if town had pulled it off. Maybe the best rookie game I've ever seen? He lacked the ability to truly get the group on his side (technically he did the final night, but Scoundrel inexplicably flipped onto Orca and took it to OT instead of keeping the vote). But TL legit took a game where town was not even in the same ballpark of the truth, and he turned it into two very close votes that would have corrected the game
  • Dreams were important, especially at the beginning - but at the end, you still have to be critical about what you're seeing in front of you. If there are 6 people left, and only 1 main-scum has been voted out, and you know there is an other, then you know the ratio has to be 3-2-1 or 2-2-2. In either case going after blue won't help you. You HAVE to go after red at that point

Overall very fun. Hope you guys enjoyed it. I really wanted to know what would happen with ridiculous data dumps. Not quite what I expected, but still fun to watch from the outside

very fun game. great job hosting your first game.

knowing the full setup now the only bit of advice i would for a future game is to be more transparent with player penalties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

We could beat town if we had a 2:1 ratio. 1:1 ratio was a draw a loss if tied to mafia 

tk3 and me talked about that, and i offered my opinion that it should be a cult win in that case.

so i do believe you when you say that you could have drew with town. that may have been tk3 intent