Running with the Wolves Mafia - N6 game ends - Hellhounds win!

Tk3

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

very fun game. great job hosting your first game.

knowing the full setup now the only bit of advice i would for a future game is to be more transparent with player penalties.

I was caught between being clear and transparent, but worried about affecting the game by doing so.

If I came right out and said "both players had their moves blocked".. would that honestly have made you happy? it would have been even worse for matts

Ultimately, the rules said you would suffer a night penalty (up to and including loss of role for the night) - and I clearly stated that the penalties were executed as written. Beyond that - I think its the gameplayers job to use that information

And as for the factional hit - it WAS unusued that the faction didn't own a hit. the PLAYERS did. And the player who owned the hit was the one who earned the penalty. I know it felt harsh, but I don't think it was the wrong decision.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It's not that hard to vote.  Fundamental part of the game.

Thats my fault.

To defend myself, the purpose of the vote-rule is to promote activity. I had like 10+ post the night I failed to vote. I just happened to take a nap and didnt wake up in time to get my vote in. My sleep schedule is screwed right now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

tk3 and me talked about that, and i offered my opinion that it should be a cult win in that case.

so i do believe you when you say that you could have drew with town. that may have been tk3 intent

my original thought was that 1:1 tie with town would be a draw (since neither party had hits).. but ultimately, there was very little risk in that happening, and I would have clarified long before we got there

But in retrospect, 1:1 probably should go to the scum side, even if no hit was involved. Next time I'll make sure I'm more decisive about those scenarios before starting

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I was caught between being clear and transparent, but worried about affecting the game by doing so.

If I came right out and said "both players had their moves blocked".. would that honestly have made you happy? it would have been even worse for matts

Ultimately, the rules said you would suffer a night penalty (up to and including loss of role for the night) - and I clearly stated that the penalties were executed as written. Beyond that - I think its the gameplayers job to use that information

Honestly, I'd suggest altering the rule just to say that

Your current rule is vague and it isn't clear what the penalty is exactly. I'd also argue that in this setup a night roleblock is a way more harsh penalty for scum than it was for town... basically zero incentive for town to vote at all since most don't have night moves.

Perhaps an extra vote on them the next day for each day they missed would've been better for this particular setup.

And as for the factional hit - it WAS unusued that the faction didn't own a hit. the PLAYERS did. And the player who owned the hit was the one who earned the penalty. I know it felt harsh, but I don't think it was the wrong decision.

I'm well aware of this. You resolved the penalty fairly.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats my fault.

To defend myself, the purpose of the vote-rule is to promote activity. I had like 10+ post the night I failed to vote. I just happened to take a nap and didnt wake up in time to get my vote in. My sleep schedule is screwed right now. 

@Tk3and I talked about that.  Modblock vs vote remove vs adding a vote to you next day.

Regardless of penalty, it sends a message about potential alignment.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats my fault.

That's HALF of the purpose of the vote-rule

The other half is forcing all players to state an opinion on the direction of the vote and reduce the ability to hide. If you ARE going to hide on a random player, you're going to have to make the choice to do that, not to just hide by not voting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Tricky to do with vanilla, odd, even,  x shot roles.  

this was it. I didn't want to draw attention to some people having roles some nights, and some not

the point was, "don't not vote". I don't see why people need a clearly defined explanation of what would happen. Just make sure you vote

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:
4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tricky to do with vanilla, odd, even,  x shot roles.  

this was it. I didn't want to draw attention to some people having roles some nights, and some not

Its the reason why mod-blocking over 1 missed vote is harsh. Its your game, make it as harsh as you want it to be, but there are other alternatives.