Eagles sign CB Steven Nelson

EaglesPeteC

I like when expectations are low, it's usually when the Eagles tend to overachieve. Not saying that will actually be the case in 2021 but it sure as hell beats the pounding of the chests, We da best, SB bound baby, here we come type expectations that always come crashing down to earth. Followed by the constant bitching and moaning. 

Just saying.🤷‍♂️

I think its ridiculous that some of you think this doesn't move the needle. Nobody suggested this is some franchise altering signing. It's a one year deal to sign a competent no. 2 corner to play along side Slay. Suggesting a player will only account for a win or 2 and acting like that isn't significant for an end of July FA signing is ridiculous. The Eagles were very thin at CB and they added the best remaining FA CB for a cheap 1 year contract.  Great signing.

15 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I think its ridiculous that some of you think this doesn't move the needle. Nobody suggested this is some franchise altering signing. It's a one year deal to sign a competent no. 2 corner to play along side Slay. Suggesting a player will only account for a win or 2 and acting like that isn't significant for an end of July FA signing is ridiculous. The Eagles were very thin at CB and they added the best remaining FA CB for a cheap 1 year contract.  Great signing.

Some of us has lost the ability to feel anything, don’t pay no mind 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So we win the SB if we can score? That's how much Steven Nelson improved our defense?

Well that’s a massive jump and an extremely odd conclusion for you to come to seeing as how I didn’t say anything remotely close to that. I’d say if our offense can score points we will probably be in the hunt to win the division at best. If they can’t we are probably a 5-6 win team. Defense will be at least average if the can stay healthy. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well that’s a massive jump and an extremely odd conclusion for you to come to seeing as how I didn’t say anything remotely close to that. I’d say if our offense can score points we will probably be in the hunt to win the division at best. If they can’t we are probably a 5-6 win team. Defense will be at least average if the can stay healthy. 

You said the season depends on if we can score. So, if we can score, we should win the SB? Or are you just saying if the offense looks good, then it was a great season, period, regardless of record/the defense?

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Where does it move the needle? We went from a team generally considered bottom 5 in talent by the media to what exactly? Bottom 8?

• Like 1

You all were fine with signing Ryan Kerrigan but somehow hate this move. 

How anyone can say this is a bad move blows my mind. There’s literally zero risk to this signing and we’re in here acting like we gave dude a 3 yr/36M contract. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You said the season depends on if we can score. So, if we can score, we should win the SB? Or are you just saying if the offense looks good, then it was a great season, period, regardless of record/the defense?

I literally typed into the post you are replying to what I expect this team to do. Do you want me to copy and paste it? Or are you just looking to pick at words in a statement that was typed in passing cause I liked a signing my favorite team made.

I pray you are bored cause this interaction makes you seem absolutely miserable.

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Where does it move the needle? We went from a team generally considered bottom 5 in talent by the media to what exactly? Bottom 8?

Assuming that what you are saying is correct. I would consider making your team better than 3 others by signing one player moving the needle. Depends on your definition of "moving the needle." I didn't say it was a franchise altering FA signing. It absolutely makes the Eagles a better team. I know you are under the impression that we can't compete so their is no need to try but that's not how it works in the NFL. With the roster the Eagles have now, they could absolutely win the terrible NFCE. They are trying to improve the roster, not tank a season away because some fans are more interested in draft prospects and free agency than having a winning organization. Do you think the Eagles should try to tank the season because you don't think they are good enough to be real contenders? This isn't the NBA where you get mired in mediocrity as an 8 seed in a small market, with no chance for upward mobility.

All of this over a 1 year $4 million deal that the Eagles signed so that they have 2 competent CBs going into the season. How some of you have convinced yourselves that this is detrimental to the Eagles future is beyond me.