Should Eagles make move for an OT?

RandyMossIsBoss

12 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Looks like San Fran has an average to below-average pass rush (tied for 20th in sacks), should be a good game for V to get his feet wet and gain some momentum going forward.

I thought most of us agreed last season that hurries was more of an indicator of pressure rather than sacks. Not sure where SF is in hurries but sacks aren't a true way to measure imo. 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I thought most of us agreed last season that hurries was more of an indicator of pressure rather than sacks. Not sure where SF is in hurries but sacks aren't a true way to measure imo. 

Yea. And he'll be matchup mainly against Solomon Thomas. He doesn't have a ton of sacks, but he leads all rookie lineman in tackles at or behind the LOS. He was shut down by Tyron Smith last week, but V is a big step down in competition for him.

V was practcing at LT so I imagine he's starting there come Sunday. Baring a disaster, thats the mission going forward; not to disrupt 2 positions switching over Lane.

Heard Lane comment that himself and Brooks are a tandem the coaches don't want to disrupt. 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, RBreezy said:

Looks like San Fran has an average to below-average pass rush (tied for 20th in sacks), should be a good game for V to get his feet wet and gain some momentum going forward.

Well...Big V got worked over by their RE Doucheable who was apparently a FA a couple weeks ago....anyone a little more concerned? 

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Well...Big V got worked over by their RE Doucheable who was apparently a FA a couple weeks ago....anyone a little more concerned? 

Not really?

Tyron Smith got beat by Marcus Smith for a sack.

It's 1 snap. He got beat inside. It happens.

Wentz also held the ball a little too long on that play. Not saying that excuses Vaitai getting beat, but if its just a QB hit instead of a sack would we be making a big deal out of it?

Edge Leger Douzable, 75.7 overall grade

Douzable was disruptive throughout the game, both in the pass-rush and against the rush. He was relatively stout on the edge versus the Eagles outside zone running game, totaling five solo stops and forcing the ball back in to help a number of times. Douzable also ended the game with two sacks.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-philadelphia-eagles-33-san-francisco-49ers-10

Defensive lineman Leger Douzable had five tackles, two sacks, a pass deflection, and two quarterback hits in Week 8.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/29/16568106/49ers-eagles-final-score-leger-douzable-stats

Yea....it was more than just one inside sack. He was noticeable all game and he was just signed to the team on October 17th after having not been on an NFL active roster since the 2013-2014 season.

If you're gonna use PFF you also have to acknowledge that they gave Big V a solid grade IIRC.

From what I saw, I thought Big V was pretty mediocre. As a linemen you're judged by how many times you lose the snap, not how many times you win it, and off the top of my head I can remember Big V getting worked twice. The run game as a whole got shutdown too, which is everyone's fault, but the downgrade to Big V from Peters was probably the main culprit.

Wasn't the kind of performance that made me think "we HAVE to get a tackle at the deadline" though. If he can steadily improve as he gets more reps and plays about average, that will be good enough. Just so unfortunate we lost Peters.

Duane Brown's market value was way more than I anticipated. I wanted him, but I'm glad we didn't if it meant topping the Hawks offer that contained a serviceable starting cornerback and a 2nd round pick. 

Archived