Should Eagles make move for an OT?

RandyMossIsBoss

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If you're gonna use PFF you also have to acknowledge that they gave Big V a solid grade IIRC.

I don't pay for PFF so the numbers I got were from post game articles. The one was the top 5s for each team, the other admittedly was from a site called Niners nation because you need to go to those sites to find positive items about 0-9 teams xD

If he can steadily improve as he gets more reps and plays about average, that will be good enough.

This is the BIG if. we go from Peters who was a pro-bowl LT with the occasional false start to someone we're hoping can improve to play "about average". Doesn't quite fit the "win now" agenda we're pushing. 

Duane Brown's market value was way more than I anticipated. I wanted him, but I'm glad we didn't if it meant topping the Hawks offer that contained a serviceable starting cornerback and a 2nd round pick. 

I'm glad we didn't overpay for Brown though I liked him as an initial target. That said I would have loved to at minimum pick up someone to be depth that isn't "cut again, sign again" former DT Taylor Hart or practice squad member and former TE Dillon Gordon in case Vaitai fails at the blindside.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Vaitai to develop but if he doesn't improve over the next couple weeks then we've got a sub par tackle situation heading towards playoffs. Also the fact the a guy signed off the streets two weeks ago shouldn't be compared to the normal NFL DE...Vaitai should be destroying a guy like Leger Douzable and he didn't.

18 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Vaitai to develop but if he doesn't improve over the next couple weeks then we've got a sub par tackle situation heading towards playoffs. Also the fact the a guy signed off the streets two weeks ago shouldn't be compared to the normal NFL DE...Vaitai should be destroying a guy like Leger Douzable and he didn't.

I think you are all really underplaying how Vaitai played last week.

Lane Johnson wasn't doing well either, especially like Douzable early in the game when he was lined up against Lane.

Archived