OT: Bears forum fantasy football league

CBears019

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'll make you guys a promise:  I'll start doing those again if ANYONE answers the playoffs question

Which, again, is:  Pool and my neighbor both pointed out that teams are going to be resting starters week 17, so asked if we could move playoffs to 15/16 weeks. 

What say ye?

Lets do it. If I'm going to lose I don't want any excuses like starters being sat. 

My FF season is pretty close to the Bears season now that I think about it. Lol

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Lets do it. If I'm going to lose I don't want any excuses like starters being sat. 

My FF season is pretty close to the Bears season now that I think about it. Lol

At least they don't chant "Fire Jordan Howard the Duck" at your kids game.  (there's a lot of ****ty people in sports fandom, really gross)

So that's 3 votes so far, I guess 4 counting me, and the killbot AI doesn't get a vote.  

6 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

At least they don't chant "Fire Jordan Howard the Duck" at your kids game.  (there's a lot of ****ty people in sports fandom, really gross)

So that's 3 votes so far, I guess 4 counting me, and the killbot AI doesn't get a vote.  

You're bold to assume Im not yelling that myself, sir.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pool said:

yes to getting rid of week 17 games and yes to adding 2 more playoff spots :D

Preeetty sure you've already voted.  The electoral integrity of The FF FF will not be F'd with.  You'll need to either get your 17 year old to vote, or redraw the ward maps to make part of DLL's team your team now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I'm okay either way.  That being said, won't teams sit out players in week 18 instead of 17 because of the additional game or do you think that they are sitting out starters 2 weeks in a row?

That's a very good question. This is not at all an admission that I forgot there were 17 games now.  

With all of the websites and devices I sign in to,  yahoo fantasy football has to be both the most secure and least essential.  I can access my companies finances with a single password, but yahoo football? Nope, that'll be handtype your name, then prove you're not a robot, prove that guy over there's not a robot, receive a code to your phone, we mailed a box with codes to your address when you were born, please tell me which of these pictures is not a bus, now get a push notification on your phone, look at busses again, pull notification, now it's time to make a new password since this **** has taken so long, retinal scan, etc etc etc. 

Anyway,  but popular (hey there were two pops) request I'm bringing back the postgame previews.

Those of you that believe the Nagy put together gameplans to make FIelds look bad (hah, he can do that in his sleep suckers!) probably believe that I tried to throw my game against Tobias-whom I believe is just Sug's left hand-well, I hate to disappoint you but I was just very very stupid and not at all trying to encourage parity. I live very cleanly in the "foot on neck" school of thought on games and sports.  I still managed to win despite starting Alvin Kamara and Tee Higgins, both of whom did not play so had a hard time generating yardage.

Speaking of Sug and hands,  let's all give him a round of applause for managing to underperform to a degree that seems difficult to achieve.  Going up against NWA fan FTP (or does it stand for Faintly Tastes of Pool?) he also brought his D- game, as FTP overachieved by almost as much as Suga managed to step on his own wang. 

BigBear (he's Iron tough!) fought back for humanity and dispatched the killer AI in another lopsided match. BigBear (he's got a chest like a rug!) had an easy time of it, as the robot is mimicking human behavior (mine) and starting players who don't actually, well, play.  Fun aside: in sailing when you turn away from the wind it's called bearing away, and during a race when our team wants to do a fast bearaway, like to manouver behind another boat or set up for a match racing trick, we say "big bear!" and then the entire team of idiots sing the Big Bear song from Super Troopers. We're as cool as we sound, and it's not annoying at all to other boats and totally doesn't give away our next move. 

Epyon beat my neighbor. Please do not beat my neighbor. Please do not do anything to make my neighbor notice his team.  I enjoy my time with my neighbor. We eat gross quantities of BBQ. We drink WAY too much and then make terrible plans.  We do less of this if he's thinking about fantasy football.  Please just let him win in a quiet way, so that I can watch the game and throw chairs around my yard like a normal and not have him describe the other teams or talk about how player X is running backwards to personally hurt my neighbor.

DLL/wife has put together a truly lackluster season of fairly mediocre points, but keeps managing to get enough wins to stay in playoff contention.  This is all part of DLL assuming the role of "person who's not really paying attention but sneaks into the playoffs and beats the team with the most points (me) and then doesn't notice for like a week and then gets much joy out of pointing out that she won fantasy despite just being there to draft Bears players so I can't."  I have foreseen it, and I can prove it using an etch-a-sketch. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Speaking of Sug and hands,  let's all give him a round of applause for managing to underperform to a degree that seems difficult to achieve.  Going up against NWA fan FTP (or does it stand for Faintly Tastes of Pool?) he also brought his D- game, as FTP overachieved by almost as much as Suga managed to step on his own wang.

1. Art imitating life was the inspiration for my FF team. My team reflects the Bears season. At least that's the story I'm sticking with.

2. Counter to the wang comment - What does RunningVaccs get when he walks into a wall with a full erection? A broken nose.

3. Also now I want to watch family guy.

KzQZzg.gif

27 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

THAT WAS A VERY UNEVEN WALL YOU CAN'T USE SHODDY WORKMANSHIP TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT PEOPLE SHANE YOU JUST CAN'T

When you told me the "other guy" could build it cheaper I earned that right!!! The dude gave you the bid in pesos! Come on!

• 2 weeks later...

So,  starting with the important stuff:  FTP has $69 left. Nice.

Mood around the neighborhood is tense. Neighbor has not spoken about fantasy football at ALL, and it's the most disturbing thing he could do after I beat him Monday.  Wife (actual) even finds it really strange. Up all night watching my stuff, feel like he's going to do something rash.   This weeks cocktail is pretty good so I'm going to offer him ten tomorrow and hopefully the resulting hangover will make him forget before things boil over. 

FTP stands for Found The Path (to beating the snot out of Sugs brother.) Nice. 

Eventual league champion BigBear (he's Iron tough etc) beat the snot out of Sug's brother's brother. 

Epyon must like Silverchair, because he channeled their debut album from 1995 in dispatching Kmet the Frog (sorry, forget who you are on here) It's getting tough to tell whether someone forgot to set their lineup last week, or they did and just everyone got Covid or really sucked. 

Wife (DLL version) managed to put together a truly impressive performance, losing to the killer robot, even though said robot also had Covid. 

Anyway, this week is the playoffs for some of you, and absolutely meaningless for some of me.  If I wasn't so scared my neighbor was going to brick my window, I'd probably set my lineup with IR players just to let Kmet the Frog win, cause damn I like that little frog avatar. Looks like BigBear is going to get in but the other two spots are up for grabs with the neighbor, Epyon, Wife (DLL) all having a shot.  Also just noticed that FTP has the third most points (1846) but is almost certainly (would require a tie above him and a FTP win) out of the playoff picture behind a whole bunch of ****ty teams: like Epyon (1693) and RV Wife (DLL) 1611. Damn. Sorry FTP,  sometimes it just aint fair. 

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Mood around the neighborhood is tense. Neighbor has not spoken about fantasy football at ALL, and it's the most disturbing thing he could do after I beat him Monday.  Wife (actual) even finds it really strange. Up all night watching my stuff, feel like he's going to do something rash.   This weeks cocktail is pretty good so I'm going to offer him ten tomorrow and hopefully the resulting hangover will make him forget before things boil over. 

Eventual league champion BigBear (he's Iron tough etc) beat the snot out of Sug's brother's brother. 

Epyon must like Silverchair, because he channeled their debut album from 1995 in dispatching Kmet the Frog (sorry, forget who you are on here) It's getting tough to tell whether someone forgot to set their lineup last week, or they did and just everyone got Covid or really sucked. 

Wife (DLL version) managed to put together a truly impressive performance, losing to the killer robot, even though said robot also had Covid. 

Anyway, this week is the playoffs for some of you, and absolutely meaningless for some of me.  If I wasn't so scared my neighbor was going to brick my window, I'd probably set my lineup with IR players just to let Kmet the Frog win, cause damn I like that little frog avatar. Looks like BigBear is going to get in but the other two spots are up for grabs with the neighbor, Epyon, Wife (DLL) all having a shot.  Also just noticed that FTP has the third most points (1846) but is almost certainly (would require a tie above him and a FTP win) out of the playoff picture behind a whole bunch of ****ty teams: like Epyon (1693) and RV Wife (DLL) 1611. Damn. Sorry FTP,  sometimes it just aint fair. 

I'm not done yet! There are 3 8 win teams ahead of me. I play one, and the other two play each other. I have more points than all 3 right now. 150 ish more than the 2 teams that play head to head and 30ish more than the team I play. Essentially, if total points scored is the tiebreaker (which is the default setting I believe) and I win I am in.  If I win, I will be one of three teams with 8 wins and the most points. So yea, I AINT DONE YET :D

20 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I lost?  ... Oh wow it was by like 1 point.   That is crazy.  

I have had no time this year to deal with injuries or waiver pick ups.  Sorry I wasn't more into it.

A lot of my team went down about half way point and I didn't have time to try to fix it.  

We will have to put a little something on line next year.

We aren't doing a rocket draft again either.   I couldn't even think or look up anything.  We had like 30 seconds a pick. 

I just had to take any name.

• Like 1