OT: Bears forum fantasy football league

CBears019

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

None of my RBs did well this week, nor did Mooney do much vs LA, but damn did I ever get saved by the week Tyreek Hill had, followed by Vegas TE Waller putting up over 20 tonight on MNF for a come from behind win (needed him to clear like 15pnts to win)

Yeah, that happened against me so needless to say I am not as happy as you are.

• Like 1

Wow Pool and I got into a real snail race to see who would underperform worse (hint it's Pool)

Had some close games defined by some hilarious point totals and individual performances.  Really drives  home how 90% of the of the fun of this is in the draft. 

My "Bears in primetime" matchup was probably what I believe to be Sugashane vs DLL in which Sug gets 33points out of Mahomes, and 21 points out of Chubb at running back and still logged 106 points, while getting defeated by DLL who got 9 and .2 points out of his RBs. 

Quite surprised I didn't hear my neighbor going to his backyard to swear as he got 34pts out of Kyler Murray and still lost to... the autodrafted bot team.  That ****er (the bot) is going to win this league, become self aware and immediately become a Packers fan just to lord it over us. 

Edit:  I forgot to add that there's "Kmet the Frog" team who has already blown my plan to have mediocre player themed names all season, and the bastard amphibian won his match while starting AAron Rod-gers. 

Edited by RunningVaccs
Kmet the frog is a really good name and I hate it
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Wow Pool and I got into a real snail race to see who would underperform worse (hint it's Pool)

Had some close games defined by some hilarious point totals and individual performances.  Really drives  home how 90% of the of the fun of this is in the draft. 

My "Bears in primetime" matchup was probably what I believe to be Sugashane vs DLL in which Sug gets 33points out of Mahomes, and 21 points out of Chubb at running back and still logged 106 points, while getting defeated by DLL who got 9 and .2 points out of his RBs. 

Quite surprised I didn't hear my neighbor going to his backyard to swear as he got 34pts out of Kyler Murray and still lost to... the autodrafted bot team.  That ****er (the bot) is going to win this league, become self aware and immediately become a Packers fan just to lord it over us. 

Edit:  I forgot to add that there's "Kmet the Frog" team who has already blown my plan to have mediocre player themed names all season, and the bastard amphibian won his match while starting AAron Rod-gers. 

Draft is most fun.   Too bad it was all last minute and hap hazard.

Would have been fun to plan and drag that out a bit and talk trash throughout and see how ugly you guys are in real life.  

I can still have fun making fun of you guys and using team names for jokes ... speaking of which ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Who were the people arguing the whole draft?

Me and my older brother. 😅 

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I had no business even getting close. At halftime for the first games i had like 15 points. It was terrible. Lol

• Like 1

Fantasy football makes me really toxic. Lamar Jackson made a big run and put his shoulder into the guy, so there was a pretty good hit laid on him. I thought he needs to just get out of bounds. Then I realized whose fantasy team he was on and immediately thought, "Take his damn head off if he wants to run." lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The auto draft team is going to win it all lol 

I think the British or Scottish or whoever guy on PFF said one time that if you took a conglomeration of mock draft boards and auto drafted for a team instead of using an actual NFL GM you get much better than average results compared to real life.  

On 9/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, Bigbear72 said:

Apparently, so does mine.

Actually, we all suck, as the current leader of our highly competitive, totally human league is.... "MANAGERLESS TEAM" which was autodrafted and rostered.  

When the AI uprising occurs, they're not going to exterminate us on piles of skulls, they're just going to do everything better and we'll be stuck trying to come up with clever team names.

First (human) overall is DLL, or possibly my wife, can't quite tell. Kmet the Frog is next, and I still hate you since I didn't come up with that name.  My neighbor is in third but might forget about this league by about the Lions game. Then Big Bear,  someone with a screen name of "Epyon" (pretty sure that's what JAF calls himself on there), then yours truly with the Kasim Edibevics*,  I think the two argumentative brothers are in 8th and 9th, and lastly, JF1 is still here for some reason in last (probably time to start thinking about getting a head start on the coaching hire)

*Can't beleive no one appreciates Kasim Edibali. That dude had an interesting life story!

• Like 1