Training Camp battles

Which Battle are you most looking forward to and which do you think will end up being the most important

Have alot of things that could be up for grab entering camp
2nd QB Heinicke vs Allen
3rd HB Barber vs Miller vs Patterson
5th and 6th WR between Sims,Harmon,Sims jr,Wright,AGG,Milne(Maybe 4th WR depending on shape and health of Humphries)
2nd/3rd TE after Thomas think its anyones game here between Bates(Who will be 2nd or 3rd)and the rest competing for a spot between Hemingway,Swoopes,Seals-Jones,Yelder,and Reyes
Starting RT Lucas vs Cosmi
Starting LG between Flowers,Martin, and Charles
4th OT is a interesting spot as well depending on how they view Charles 

On Defense
3rd and 4th DEs between Smith-Williams,Toohill,Bradley-King,Toney, and Jelks
ILB-How Quickley can Jamin earn more of Bostics job
Lber is a pot I could see us signing someone else during camp maybe even Kendricks back
3rd CB between St Juste and Moreland comes down to if coaches think there better with Fuller in Slot more and St Juste outside or Moreland in slot and Fuller outside also wouldn't count out Mccain getting a lot of slot reps
Saftey Depth between Forrest Everett and Reeves

• Like 1

I will assume we carry 6 WRs.

Barring injuries, I will say confidently Terry, Samuel, Dynami Brown are 100% locks.

I am 85-90% sure Humphries makes it, but he is definitely no lock.

That leaves two open spots. My confidence level on the remaining...

Tony Brown - 0%

DeAndre Carter - 5%

Antonio Gandy-Golden - 50%. I think, since this organization drafted him, he has a leg up to get another year to prove himself. 

Kelvin Harmon - 25%. Kinda the opposite of AGG. I had high hopes for him, but he wasn't drafted by this organization. 

Dax Milne - 15%. Again, because we took the time to draft him, I think it gives him a higher chance than if he was an UDFA.

Cam Sims - 75%. Played well enough last year that I think they use him. He might have trade value as well... 

Steven Sims Jr. - 15%. I think he's been replaced, but you never know. Injuries to others could keep him aboard. 

Isaiah Wright - 25%. Any other year I think they keep him. It's probably too many at this point to overcome, but he'll find a home. 

So, based on that, it's C Sims and AGG. Harmon and probably Wright find homes elsewhere. Milne/Wright (if not grabbed) going to PS imo

• Like 2

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what Fitz vs Heinicke does the most & if a LB like Hudson does enough to where Bostic ends up being cut; not likely but possible.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Really hoping we see a lot of big nickel looks with Bobby McCain on the field as the 5th DB, perhaps even approaching base defense frequency. 

Jamin Davis and Cole Holcomb would give you two really athletic young LBs that can run with pretty much anyone, and having Collins/Curl/McCain on the field would really allow you to match up with the kinds of offenses that have just killed us in the past. No more spreading us out and picking us apart with shallow crosses and RBs/TEs who just run away from our immobile LBs and safeties. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Really hoping we see a lot of big nickel looks with Bobby McCain on the field as the 5th DB, perhaps even approaching base defense frequency. 

Jamin Davis and Cole Holcomb would give you two really athletic young LBs that can run with pretty much anyone, and having Collins/Curl/McCain on the field would really allow you to match up with the kinds of offenses that have just killed us in the past. No more spreading us out and picking us apart with shallow crosses and RBs/TEs who just run away from our immobile LBs and safeties. 

Definitely! It’s what I’ve been hoping for since Rivera announced we’d be switching back to the 4-3. I think they planned to do that a lot last year but then Apke sucked as a FS & Landon Collins tore his Achilles so then they didn’t use the 3 safety look as much. I’m hoping when we’re in nickel that we go to that the way we did last year before Landon tore his achillies. 

Having Landon play closer to the line when we’re in the nickel & having Curl & McCain play as split safeties sounds like a good idea to me.

Edited by turtle28