Training Camp battles

ovfd55

On 8/1/2021 at 11:28 PM, 4209 said:

Yes I have seen reports of Carter making some plays.  When Carter was with the Texans he occasionally contributed on the Offense side of the ball. He will have a hard time consistently getting on the field when Samuels get back. I posted our teams depth chart some were on this thread and if I recall Carter was not on the chart. Maybe he was. Anyway hope him the best. 

Carter has a chance to make the team as a return man & the back up slot WR behind Humphries/Samuel. 

20 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Michael Phillips reports C B Cole Luke ( who ?? ) Cole Luke is moving up the depth card. Flashed in Richmond and is continuing to climb. Notre Dame UDFA was in Carolina for 3 seasons ( mostly P S )  . Versatile, can play safety . I've seen the name-he was actually on our roster for two late season games . ( really ? ) 

Yeah, he’s had good coverage, been making plays. They love versatility, I think he may be a PS player though. After St. Juste maybe he makes as the 5th CB over Daryl Robert’s, Danny Johnson or Apke?

I’m thinking we may keep 5 CBs & 5 S’s this year though like we should’ve done last year - Sean Davis should’ve made the team.

RCB: Fuller, St. Juste

LCB: Jackson, Roberts

Slot: Moreland 

SS: Collins, Everrett, Forrest

FS: Curl, McCain (remember Everett & McCain can play all the DB positions)

Edited by turtle28

It really sounds like the additions this offseason Collins and Heineke are having strong camps along with the pass catchers. And they said that Cosmi with the pads looked like a different guy!! If he and Charles grab their spots talk about really helping infuse youth at key spots with two really good picks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

It really sounds like the additions this offseason Collins and Heineke are having strong camps along with the pass catchers. And they said that Cosmi with the pads looked like a different guy!! If he and Charles grab their spots talk about really helping infuse youth at key spots with two really good picks

Well Heinicke has been up & down. I guess I should’ve posted the tweet where Rhiannon said that he threw two bad passes after his TD yesterday which the DBs dropped that should’ve been ints. 

I’m not sure if it will happen, but I want nothing more than for Charles to be our LG & Cosmi to be our RT this year. I still think that Flowers or Scherweizer will be our LG & Lucas will be our RT but we’ll see.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, turtle28 said:

Carter has a chance to make the team as a return man & the back up slot WR behind Humphries/Samuel. 

Ye he does but when all said and done can he give us production at the WR position which has some good competition (Sims, Harmon and Golden). We know he has some special team appeal as a PR/KR. 

Edited by 4209

On 8/4/2021 at 5:31 AM, ripsean21 said:

Well Heinicke has been up & down. I guess I should’ve posted the tweet where Rhiannon said that he threw two bad passes after his TD yesterday which the DBs dropped that should’ve been ints. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

He HAD to make a play on it ( Nice pass ) cause he got zero separation . Is that Landon Collins in coverage. Can't quite catch the number-looks like 26 . Also read Steven Sims is shining . Who the heck are we gonna cut ! ?

Edited by RSkinGM
more info

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

He HAD to make a play on it ( Nice pass ) cause he got zero separation . Is that Landon Collins in coverage. Can't quite catch the number-looks like 26 . Also read Steven Sims is shining . Who the heck are we gonna cut ! ?

Harmon runs like he has a fridge tied to his back. I think even Apke could have played that route well.