Training Camp battles

55 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Harmon runs like he has a fridge tied to his back. I think even Apke could have played that route well. 

Yeah, his cut looks sloppy too, not a plant and cut one and done. He's on my cut list ! 😎

I have 8, no 9 , forget Samuel on the Covid/ groin list, must keeps-Gonna be a problem .  

Edited by RSkinGM

Definites

T. McLaurin

D. Brown

C. Sims

A. Humphries

C. Samuel

Possibles

S. Sims  So far Standing out 

D. Milne

D. Carter  So far Standing out 

K. Harmon

AAG

T. Brown

I. Wright

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

I’d say right now it’s 

McLaurin

Samuels

Brown

Cam Sims

Steven Sims 

Kelvin Harmon

Practice Squad

Milne 
AGG

I also wouldn’t be shocked to see them keep 7 receivers. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’d say right now it’s 

McLaurin

Samuels

Brown

Cam Sims

Steven Sims 

Kelvin Harmon

Practice Squad

Milne 
AGG

Humphries is a near lock IMO . He's Fitz go to guy . Carter is the best return guy and decent backup receiver. I'm sick of having near zero return game- punts anyway . I hope he makes it .  Can we keep 8 ! ? 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’d say right now it’s 

McLaurin

Samuels

Brown

Cam Sims

Steven Sims 

Kelvin Harmon

Practice Squad

Milne 
AGG

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Humphries is a near lock IMO . He's Fitz go to guy . Carter is the best return guy and decent backup receiver. I'm sick of having near zero return game- punts anyway . I hope he makes it .  Can we keep 8 ! ? 

So far, I agree with bolded.

If S. Sims makes the active roster I am going to really question the judgment of the coaching staff.  I can't believe we are wasting reps on him right now.  He is afraid of contact and gets the drops on game day.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, offbyone said:

If S. Sims makes the active roster I am going to really question the judgment of the coaching staff.  I can't believe we are wasting reps on him right now.  He is afraid of contact and gets the drops on game day.  

I get what you're saying but I read he played with bad ankles last year and is 100% now. He's getting good reviews.. We'll see how it plays out . He did drop way too many last year. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, offbyone said:

Played great his rookie year. Struggled last year. If he earns a spot, he earns a spot. I’ll trust this staffs judgement based on the success they’ve had so far. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, offbyone said:

It’s an open competition for the 6th WR position as it has been almost every year that I’ve been on this board which is going back nearly 2 decades. 

I don’t care who makes it as our 6th WR. It always baffles me that this forum has cared as much about the 5th/6th WR position in training camp/preseason for over a decade more than any other position in the offseason.

I want Kelvin Harmon to be that guy bc he’s the most versatile - is our best blocking WR  & can be used as a big slot/TE - and he’s probably the best of the bunch on special teams coverage but if it’s AGG, Carter, Mline, S. Sims or Wright it is not going to question my judgment of the coaching staff we’re talking about possibly the 53rd player to make the roster…

🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s an open competition for the 6th WR position as it has been almost every year that I’ve been on this board which is going back nearly 2 decades. 

I don’t care who makes it as our 6th WR. It always baffles me that this forum has cared as much about the 5th/6th WR position in training camp/preseason for over a decade more than any other position in the offseason.

I want Kelvin Harmon to be that guy bc he’s the most versatile - is our best blocking WR  & can be used as a big slot/TE - and he’s probably the best of the bunch on special teams coverage but if it’s AGG, Carter, Mline, S. Sims or Wright it is not going to question my judgment of the coaching staff we’re talking about possibly the 53rd player to make the roster…

🤷‍♂️

The way I see it is there are at least 4 WRs on the field on game day.  A 5th could be used as a rotational guy and return man.  The 6th spot is just an injury away.

Sims had his chance.  He muffed multiple kicks, he dropped multiple throws.  It would be one thing if we didn't have a lot of competition, but this year we do.  So I say time to move on.

I would definitely rather have Harmon than Sims.  He can block.

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

The way I see it is there are at least 4 WRs on the field on game day.  A 5th could be used as a rotational guy and return man.  The 6th spot is just an injury away.

Sims had his chance.  He muffed multiple kicks, he dropped multiple throws.  It would be one thing if we didn't have a lot of competition, but this year we do.  So I say time to move on.

I would definitely rather have Harmon than Sims.  He can block.

But this makes no sense at all. He had his chance? The league is littered with guys who got second chances and did something great with it. From everything being reported, Steve Sims is having a great camp. If he earns a roster spot then he did his job. Yeah he’s most likely a JAG but who knows? It’s possible he’s more than that and coming into his own. 

• Like 2