Training Camp battles

ovfd55

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Kamren Curl was definitely a stud last season. Hope he continues to improve. 

Same Mike. I remember Rivera saying that while Curl played SS last year that they liked his range as a FS. I guess we’ll see what happens, but I’m hoping that he or Forrest can become our answer to a FS problem that has been hurting this team since November 2007.

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Same Mike. I remember Rivera saying that while Curl played SS last year that they liked his range as a FS. I guess we’ll see what happens, but I’m hoping that he or Forrest can become our answer to a FS problem that has been hurting this team since November 2007.

Forrest-almost forgot bout him. haven't heard much good or bad.

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Forrest-almost forgot bout him. haven't heard much good or bad.

Same, which I assume is a good thing bc if it was bad we’d be hearing how he was constantly getting beat etc. He may be playing solid football, but not making a lot of ints or game changing type plays.

19 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

12, 6 each. I hate they are putting unnecessary pressure on themselves. 

No one is putting pressure on anyone, it’s just a topic of conversation in what’s become a silly season during training camp of people asking for or doing predictions on what stats players may put up during the season.

I sure hope the duo can at least do what Kerrigan/P. Smith or Kerrigan/Orakpo did which was put up at or near 20 sacks combined from 2012-2018 (when healthy).

Combined last year they had 16.5 sacks and this year there will be an extra game, me personally, I’m putting the # at 25. I think it will be about evenly split between the two of them as it was last year. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

No one is putting pressure on anyone, it’s just a topic of conversation in what’s become a silly season during training camp of people asking for or doing predictions on what stats players may put up during the season.

I sure hope the duo can at least do what Kerrigan/P. Smith or Kerrigan/Orakpo did which was put up at or near 20 sacks combined from 2012-2018 (when healthy).

Combined last year they had 16.5 sacks and this year there will be an extra game, me personally, I’m putting the # at 25. I think it will be about evenly split between the two of them as it was last year. 

Sweat is quoted as saying they want to break the tandem sack record for D Es..Just play the game and lay low .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Sweat is quoted as saying they want to break the tandem sack record for D Es..Just play the game and lay low .

Yeah, I hear ya on that. I thought you were just saying in general like when us fans all about them.

It’s like when our defense used to name themselves before they even played a snap during the season. Remember Potroast & Baker naming our Defense “Capital Defense” in 2015 and then our D went out there and was below average.

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Hotep WFT Fans,

Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully injuries can be avoided (for the WFT....dont care that much about Patriots LOL). There will be plenty of chances to catch it LOL, NBC, MSN and NFL Network (comcast) tonight......I know its the first preseason game, but interested to see whats up with the Safety position Curl and Collins on the field at the same time. And how the LB's play.....I have no question about the WFT Dline (other than letting Kerrigan walk), and how the 1rst team oline works together (the Oline is my biggest concern) without Moses (I like Cosmi as a prospect...I would have kept Morgan Moses) and assuming Sherriff will be in bubble wrap till the start of the season? Also to see how much Maturation of Transformation WR turned RB Antonio Gibson has made. 

Cheers fellas.

• Like 2

This was always my issue with Cosmi. His hands get up super late, and while that might work against guys you’re physically superior to, it ain’t gonna fly against the big boys.

Consistently hearing that he is struggling (but “progressing”). It’s a little concerning to me that it feels a whole lot like he’s already penciled in to start at RT. I was one who thought Cornelius Lucas’s play was a little overrated by the advanced stats/metrics or whatever, but damn...whose dog did he kick? The man was a perfectly capable NFL OT for us last season, and I really don’t understand why it feels like they’re trying to force him onto the bench.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This was always my issue with Cosmi. His hands get up super late, and while that might work against guys you’re physically superior to, it ain’t gonna fly against the big boys.

Consistently hearing that he is struggling (but “progressing”). It’s a little concerning to me that it feels a whole lot like he’s already penciled in to start at RT. I was one who thought Cornelius Lucas’s play was a little overrated by the advanced stats/metrics or whatever, but damn...whose dog did he kick? The man was a perfectly capable NFL OT for us last season, and I really don’t understand why it feels like they’re trying to force him onto the bench.  

The way I feel is they want Cosmi to be the guy bc they just drafted him but, that certainly doesn’t mean that Cosmi has already beaten out Lucas for the job. 

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

And how the LB's play

This is the biggest one I’ll be watching. The new OL configuration will bear monitoring, the WRs and pass-rushers are always fun to check out for me, and of course FitzMagic is must see TV. But the LB group is probably the biggest area of...concern...I have with the current roster. 

We know that Bostic is going to see more time than we’d like. Rivera has talked about trying to move away from over-reliance on veterans — but a leopard (panther?) doesn’t change his spots quite that easily. It has been pleasant to see a lot of reference to Davis/Holcomb in the nickel sets, and I think we’ll all hope to see a lot of that during the season. 

The biggest concern I have there is depth. Aside from Khaleke Hudson (a question mark himself, in my book), it’s a couple of journeyman veterans. And that’s a generous way to describe them. Really was hoping they’d find another guy in FA or the draft to, if not replace Bostic on the field, at least give them some better depth in the event that any of the starters has to miss time.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 3:22 PM, turtle28 said:

Turtle, YOU my friend, are the KING of player season production predictions. THE KING. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

This is the biggest one I’ll be watching. The new OL configuration will bear monitoring, the WRs and pass-rushers are always fun to check out for me, and of course FitzMagic is must see TV. But the LB group is probably the biggest area of...concern...I have with the current roster. 

We know that Bostic is going to see more time than we’d like. Rivera has talked about trying to move away from over-reliance on veterans — but a leopard (panther?) doesn’t change his spots quite that easily. It has been pleasant to see a lot of reference to Davis/Holcomb in the nickel sets, and I think we’ll all hope to see a lot of that during the season. 

The biggest concern I have there is depth. Aside from Khaleke Hudson (a question mark himself, in my book), it’s a couple of journeyman veterans. And that’s a generous way to describe them. Really was hoping they’d find another guy in FA or the draft to, if not replace Bostic on the field, at least give them some better depth in the event that any of the starters has to miss time.

How do yall feel about KJ Wright? I was watching the game last night with my Boy (1 of the Biggest WFT fans in captivity I'm sure LOL). I saw Bostic hugging air twice last night in addition to looking lost in the screen game (not trying to throw shade). If he moved more to a rotation/Special teams type of role, and then you have KJ Wright to teach the young pups (Jamin and Holcomb)?

Also last night we came up with a nickname for one of my now favorite preaseason players Jarrett Patterson......."Pocket Bison" LOL...kid got some quickness, i saw him hit a LB in the hole with a spin move, he got tackled for a 1 yard gain, but he left dude on the ground....decent speed and hands too, made that nice catch on the sideline before the half/end of quarter......I dont know why the pulled him out to put in Barber.....I feel everyone would know what they have in Barber on their team......I wanted to see Patterson in there....

Glad injuries were avoided....or any I heard of.

Cheers.