Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

I really don’t get it from the dolphins perspective. Even if he’s traded he’s most likely going to get suspended from the league, or prosecuted criminally. I don’t get why anyone would even want to touch him. 

Right? I think it only happens if you know something we don't about it all going away or something... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Watson to Miami may be imminent, but what's the compensation even expected to look like? 

Gotta be a stinging indictment of Tua as the Dolphins QBOTF. And Miami is going to look desperate, and dumb, if Watson winds up in any serious trouble given they're going to be taking on a massive contract, no?

As for Houston, no way they're going to get market value for Watson the QB. But he seems to have so alienated Texans fans that just getting rid of him must be some cause celebré. 

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I really don’t get it from the dolphins perspective. Even if he’s traded he’s most likely going to get suspended from the league, or prosecuted criminally. I don’t get why anyone would even want to touch him. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Right? I think it only happens if you know something we don't about it all going away or something... 

Youd have to imagine the Phins are negotiating safeguards. They been talking for months about it. Obviously the hang up is:

1. Whats the compensation if he does *not* get suspended?

2. How does the compensation get reduced if he *is* suspended?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Youd have to imagine the Phins are negotiating safeguards. They been talking for months about it. Obviously the hang up is:

1. Whats the compensation if he does *not* get suspended?

2. How does the compensation get reduced if he *is* suspended?

If they move on from Tua, not knowing ahead of time the likely outcome of a Watson suspension, then they truly are just done with him and resetting again. 

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Nobody does. 

That's why this is a clusterf*** to start with.

This entire saga reeks of desperation.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

If they move on from Tua, not knowing ahead of time the likely outcome of a Watson suspension, then they truly are just done with him and resetting again. 

The rumors alone might be enough to fracture and chance the phins and Tau have long term. 

25 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the charges are dropped and out of court settlements are reached if a deal is done soon.

4 minutes ago, phinsforlife said:

If this goes down, the Deshaun media blitz has to be quick and massive, right? Very curious to see what that all looks like, if this even does happen (which I still don't think it does).

100% agreed - Miami needs to have a PR firm on retainer before they fax in any documents to the league office.

The Texans could deal with the cluster simply because they're too stupid to understand what the fanbase thinks or cares. Miami seems to be ran by competent people.